Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Do you think Bridcutt will go?
I think he has burnt his bridges a little,... sadly,..... I would love him to stay, but for his International future, and his bank account, I think he will force a move eventually.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
How much for? Just seen this on SkySports. He hasnt exactly gone to a better club though bit strange, although they are higher than us at present time.

Not too bothered TBH except we are now another forward down.

Im sure Oscar has someone lined up to replace him though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, have to move forward. No one player bigger than the club. Do you think Bridcutt will go?

after that transfer request...only a matter of time....what will be more interesting is what Garcia does with him.....if he plays tomorrow i wonder what reception he will get ...if he plays well np...if he doesn't and we r doing badly...another matter

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Don't blame him for going with the twats we have in the crowd getting on his back. Hope Burnley appreciate you, Ash.

:(

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Well done Ashley, you've been a great servant to the club and consistently improved despite the abuse from some sections of the crowd. I hope the move brings you financial security and a springboard to better things.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think he has burnt his bridges a little,... sadly,..... I would love him to stay, but for his International future, and his bank account, I think he will force a move eventually.

Agree that he may have burned his bridges a little bit abd will go eventually but Sunderland, at least , last we heard had not stumped up sufficient money to take him. It remains to be seen whether they will want to spend what Tony wants when they could use some on a new striker. They need goals more than anything. Stills feels like an Elliott Bennett scenario to me, i.e. more likely to happen in the summer rather than now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Gutted.

Cheers Ash.

Time for a new number 9!. Maybe another player Garcia has pinpointed from his time in spain and Israel. Maybe Matty Fryatt or Jason Scotland? (I jest).

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
How much for? Just seen this on SkySports. He hasnt exactly gone to a better club though bit strange, although they are higher than us at present time.

Not too bothered TBH except we are now another forward down.

Im sure Oscar has someone lined up to replace him though.

750 grand was the amount paid for Barnes I believe.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What was the fee ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here