Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes is clearly good enough for us.......

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why was the original thread deleted?

I don't believe it was deleted, I recall it being locked. It is probably still around to read. It simply became repetitive and turned into bickering between Mr Burns and El Presidente over whether saying someone acts cowardly is the same as calling them a coward, it was dropped it was brought back up it was dropped...)and eventually the thread just got locked. If you want to waste 20mins of your life:

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A very good player who knows where the goal is, scores regularly and links up well with other strikers.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
scored 20 last season sc ored today:albion2: ASHLEY BARNES :albion2:will score double figures this season?

I would be surprised if he didn't to be honest, he has improved so much and is going to be pushing the rest of the strikers for a place in the starting line-up. Don't think he'll start the season as automatic choice but will definately get a run in the side at some point and that will be his time to shine me thinks!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I wouldn't call it the main part of pre-season! The main part would be the first few weeks to get fit, but that's just my opinion!

Pre season isn't completely about fitness, (but most of the fitness would have been done out there) but about bonding with the new players, team building and getting used to playing good quality teams again

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
God, didn't that thread make him sound like a twat?!
No it didn't. It was a opinion, that believe it or a lot of people agreed with. It was just the manner in which I said it people didn't like. You've only got to look at threads about the starting line up, throughout the summer and you'll not see too much support for Barnes.

For what its worth, I thought he played well until he had to go off yesterday, but I'm not changing my opinion of him after one good game, the same as I didn't make my opinion of him last season after one poor game.

I still say if we had a player in the class of CMS here playing the game time Barnes had last year, he'd have netted 50 or so. Certainly would have beat Wardys record. If we had the strike force we have now, then Barnes wouldn't have been discussed last season. He would not have been close to the side.

And if Lord Poyet gets his new striker he's after, I can still see Barnes being 4th choice at best this season.Lets be honest, he only started yesterday due to injuries, and because he's missed pre-season games due to very understandable reasons.

As I said before, if he comes good and proves me wrong, I'll get humble pie, as well as be delighted for him.

If because my opinion is different to yours makes me a twat to you, then your a f***ing nazi :shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No it didn't. It was a opinion, that believe it or a lot of people agreed with. It was just the manner in which I said it people didn't like. You've only got to look at threads about the starting line up, throughout the summer and you'll not see too much support for Barnes.

For what its worth, I thought he played well until he had to go off yesterday, but I'm not changing my opinion of him after one good game, the same as I didn't make my opinion of him last season after one poor game.

I still say if we had a player in the class of CMS here playing the game time Barnes had last year, he'd have netted 50 or so. Certainly would have beat Wardys record. If we had the strike force we have now, then Barnes wouldn't have been discussed last season. He would not have been close to the side.

And if Lord Poyet gets his new striker he's after, I can still see Barnes being 4th choice at best this season.Lets be honest, he only started yesterday due to injuries, and because he's missed pre-season games due to very understandable reasons.

As I said before, if he comes good and proves me wrong, I'll get humble pie, as well as be delighted for him.

If because my opinion is different to yours makes me a twat to you, then your a f***ing nazi :shrug:

A Digging.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here