Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
R5L were drooling over Ward-Prowse. Knowing Southgate, despite our defensive frailties he will add another midfielder...

PS: W-P takes a brilliant free-kick, admittedly.
R5L droolong over JWP? Fine. Ian Wright's final word on ITV was, "Ben White was just fantastic today, just fantastic". It's not just us Brightonites that are White fans!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
R5L droolong over JWP? Fine. Ian Wright's final word on ITV was, "Ben White was just fantastic today, just fantastic". It's not just us Brightonites that are White fans!

It's just a shame that there is only one Ian Wright. His opinions are top class. Cashley could ask him how to get a personality.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Ben White looked like he'd been playing for England for years today. I'm not sure he misplaced a single pass. Hopefully he has done enought to get that final place in the squad.

Totally agree, he was exceptional! Worth £100m in my opinion. Godfrey was poor and as for Tyrone Mings...the sooner Billy Smart gets going again the sooner he can be employed to wear the big size 35 shoes!

TNBA

TTF

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
R5L were drooling over Ward-Prowse. Knowing Southgate, despite our defensive frailties he will add another midfielder...

PS: W-P takes a brilliant free-kick, admittedly.

He was good, but that game was tailor made for him. Stick him in the middle of the possession dominating team against a bunch of cloggers and it would be hard not to look good.

White didn’t have much to do but didn’t put a foot wrong.

From as neutral a point of view I can give, I think JWP and White have got an equal chance for that last place in the squad. It’s just about what type of player Southgate wants to take.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ben was tremendous today. One can only hope that playing the full 90 minutes means that he is in the frame for the last place in the squad. He was so cool. In comparison. Minger is a cart horse who thinks he's far better than he is.

He was indeed, and I love sky sports objective rating of him, who are not as bias or as partisan as us lot...... most tackles and most interceptions in the team! and he looks even better when held up against his defensive partners today and their ratings of Godfrey (poor) and Mings (total dog shite)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12326102/england-player-ratings-vs-romania-james-ward-prowse-stakes-squad-claim-as-jack-grealish-furthers-case-for-starting-spot

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I honestly believe we have enough going forward with Kane et al.

So for me, White has to go, especially with Maguire being a risk at the moment and Mings being a complete liability and frankly, utter shite.

Your move, Gareth...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He was indeed, and I love sky sports objective rating of him, who are not as bias or as partisan as us lot...... most tackles and most interceptions in the team! and he looks even better when held up against his defensive partners today and their ratings of Godfrey (poor) and Mings (total dog shite)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12326102/england-player-ratings-vs-romania-james-ward-prowse-stakes-squad-claim-as-jack-grealish-furthers-case-for-starting-spot

Oof. Sky gave Mings a 4/10. What a ringing endorsement of Southgate’s first choice CB.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
_20210606_200904.JPG

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Just watched the game on catch up (brave I know). Thought JWP was very good, Sock Boy very good and White very good. Henderson was so short of match sharpness he should not be anywhere near the starting 11. Maguire will be even worse after his ankle-ligament injury. If Southgate really wants great footballers - Ben White has to go and START

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here