Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal League Cup tickets

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is there any precedent in English football for changing the date of a fixture because of the train strikes?
There should be if this shitty striking by railways carries on after World Cup will give away games a miss till sorted out

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If this game was somewhere like Southampton or Bournemouth where parking is a possibility I think a lot of people might try and drive there. But parking near Arsenal will be near impossible.
When you add in that it's a night game and tickets are only £20 I think there will be a vast amount of people who will swerve it.

I reckon our best hope is that the RMT change the date yet again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh ffs just seen this - absolute wankers. That’s prob money down the drain then.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Let’s remember what the RMT are fighting for before slagging them off. A fair wage for ALL staff. This is a critical time in British history. A football match pales when compared to putting food on the table. Drive or get the coach, there are options for the loyal fans. I’ll be taking this option.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Let’s remember what the RMT are fighting for before slagging them off. A fair wage for ALL staff. This is a critical time in British history. A football match pales when compared to putting food on the table. Drive or get the coach, there are options for the loyal fans. I’ll be taking this option.
Well said!!

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
i get why rmt are striking and will back them, but just frustrating happens on day we have a fixture, it’s always going to upset someone, now just gotta work out what to do for me and my 9yr old

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Seagulls Travel have confirmed they have sourced two extra coaches from Hampshire for the Arsenal game, seats will be on sale at 09:30 if anyone needs one

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I
Deadly, Do you happen to know please If the RMT strike also affects Thameslink trains ?
I wouldn't want anyone to base their travel decisions on this as I don't know for sure but I believe the strike on the 9th is more on the Network Rail side of things which will affect Thameslink as much as Southern. My guess would be travelling home by train won't be possible but again I stress I don't know so best check with someone more in the know before making decisions as its hard to keep up. It may be that they have found a way to keep more things moving this time around - I really hope so.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
For once I'm not affected as I live in London, but this is getting a bit annoying now none-the-less.
Couldn't make Liverpool or Spurs because of strike days and most likely will miss Wolves too.

Am I right in thinking that as yet, there have been no meetings between the parties to discuss the issues in dispute?

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
You'll need a cover letter from a priest if you haven't got MyAlbion membership or STH friends. Personally I tell Jnr that it's not going to happen, then check everyday to see if it opens to purchase history. He had a last min surprise to go the the Forrest game last week.
I know this thread has been overtaken (rightly) by train strikes… but quick update re tickets - club told me today the game will NOT go to Purchase History. Which is nice.

Perhaps I should f*** off to Chelsea like everyone else? 😭

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here