Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal fans acting the big time cockney geezers

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
That was a class Arsenal side and I enjoyed watching them....
but look how easy it is for a few billy big balls posing as supporters can take the gloss from their triumph!

The club deserves better.....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
up until last year i was a "plastic" liverpool fan and had been since i was 10. then i hit 30 and told my self "your a arm chair fan never been to anfield".

so i went to a few Brighton games and then this season brought a season ticket in the north.

i was always a fan of football but now i consider a football fan supporting you local team gives you a much sense that you a part of things win lose or draw (mostly lose and draw lol)

my point is that "plastic" fans dont have that feeling and chanting is all the have they a truly missing out
That's the point of it all...Most kids watch the big clubs on tele etc and just keep it that way til they grow up,sadly many don't grow up and never see their team play in the flesh.
I bet 70% of all youngsters go this way when young as did i ...They're not really plastic fans to be honest as thats a compliment.I would say they're lost and don't know what to do as they've been stuck in a time warp for years.

Why would you support liverpool or manure when you're a southerner?
What affiliation and pride do you have supporting a club that's town or city have absolutely nothing to do with you?
If you're born and bred somewhere that's your affiliation,pride and passion and that's how we can get angry at matches because we're proud of our city and roots.

It really is mind blowing how stupid these types are mmmm

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know one thing. I will get myself in trouble one day with these gobby tw*ts.

One young Arsenal lad threw his empty bottle of Becks on the floor walking to the ground and was told by a mature gentleman "you're not at home now young man"
His reply, " so what, we're on your turf"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Bellends.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Sorry to spoil the fun but the Arsenal fans I came across seemed all right and I travelled back to Victoria on the 8.00.

But isn't that the point Mona?
The Arsenal supporters I met after the game were good company and we shared a couple of pints and a few laughs.... but the scrapings that come on this site and others that behave like neanderthals undermine the good spirit and enjoyment.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Bushy just **** off ,don't give a shit about the arse support ,I love bha , and this talk of plastic ect makes me puke ,but as a chelski fan you should know that

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bushy just **** off ,don't give a shit about the arse support ,I love bha , and this talk of plastic ect makes me puke ,but as a chelski fan you should know that

When you can construct a coherent sentence why not try rewriting this post ? from what I can decipher this is yet another attempt by a Brighton fan to convince himself and other people of what a 'real' fan he is, which virtually guarantees you've been going about 5 minutes and couldn't even tell me how to get to the goldstone.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Someone like you could learn a lot from [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION], how to write being the first lesson. :thumbsup:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
up until last year i was a "plastic" liverpool fan and had been since i was 10. then i hit 30 and told my self "your a arm chair fan never been to anfield".

so i went to a few Brighton games and then this season brought a season ticket in the north.

i was always a fan of football but now i consider a football fan supporting you local team gives you a much sense that you a part of things win lose or draw (mostly lose and draw lol)

my point is that "plastic" fans dont have that feeling and chanting is all the have they a truly missing out

Good post.

Life is complex. My boy has been raised in north London close to Arsenal but is Albion through and through because of my support. Is he plastic because he doesn't support his local club? Is he a "real fan" because he supports a less famous team? Is he a proper fan because, well, its the Albion? Who knows and to be honest it doesn't really matter. He is like most kids his age, just doing what kids do. There is no template.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Interesting - pretty much mirrors my life. Started supporting Liverpool in the mid 70s, probably when they were 'good', I lived in Devon and there was nothing local. Earliest football memories are Liverpools European nights on the radio.

Moved to Sussex late in life, only rekindled interest in football when my lad started playing. Went to the Withdean a few times, has gone on from there and we're now both committed STHs and doing what away games we can.

I have no idea what sort of fan I am on that basis. Probably a glory hunting plastic JCL or something.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Interesting - pretty much mirrors my life. Started supporting Liverpool in the mid 70s, probably when they were 'good', I lived in Devon and there was nothing local. Earliest football memories are Liverpools European nights on the radio.

Moved to Sussex late in life, only rekindled interest in football when my lad started playing. Went to the Withdean a few times, has gone on from there and we're now both committed STHs and doing what away games we can.

I have no idea what sort of fan I am on that basis. Probably a glory hunting plastic JCL or something.

I think that makes you a true fan.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Never mind all this plastics rubbish.
During yesterdays draw on the one show they had 1 fan from each club.
Fans of the two clubs that drew each other then shook hands and were taking it all in good spirits and having a laugh.
Except the Arsenal fan who gave the Boro fan a cocky nod as if to say "easy win" and a reluctant handshake.
For 1 minute he was representing Arsenal in front of millions.
Only 1 fan, but been to Arsenal many times over the years and they have more than their fair share, but nowhere near as bad as Chelsea.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
They have a msssive amount of Irish fans and STHs as well, don't they? I'm pretty sure, like Man United, that many of them fly over for each home game. Pretty good committment, that.

Irish and Welsh fans? That's basically the city of Liverpool in a nutshell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here