Arsegas have pulled the Hammond article "Hammond hits back at Seagulls chairman"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The more of this type of crap I read from players the harder I find it to have any respect for them whatsoever.

Give me good modest professionals like Gary Hart and Guy Butters over gobby ego above their worth idiots like Hammond and O'Calaghan any day of the week.

Werd

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
Thats the second time I've seen you say that on here.

So I'll ask you again - WHERE did you hear this from ?

Do you not think its a co-incedence that the article in the argus when there was FIRST talk of clubs coming into buy Hammond was about hammond "kicked last ball for club."

i think its rather a coincedence, and just maybe andy naylor KNEW dean was being threatened never to play again................... and this was his way of kind of saying it, as i doubt he could have come out and actually said it as he wouldn't have had an actual quote, just a reliable, un-nameable source.

not saying its the case, but seems a distinct posibility.

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
Well Hammond could have said it himself with his snidey little broadside from the "comfort" of Layer Road in todays press reports - but didn't.

Leads me to suspect you are probably talking bollocks.

Think about that...... you've just signed for a club, then you openly blast your old club........ not a good plan;

1. looks unproffessional
2. will put him out of favour at colchester, as looks like (as i believe it true) he didn't want to go.

Seriously, actually think about what your writing before you write it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Think about that...... you've just signed for a club, then you openly blast your old club........ not a good plan;

1. looks unproffessional
2. will put him out of favour at colchester, as looks like (as i believe it true) he didn't want to go.

Seriously, actually think about what your writing before you write it.

Rubbish. He is covering his own back to ensure that he doesn't look like the bad guy. I can't believe that people are so willing to take the word of a player, who is obviously in it for the money, over a chairman that has pumped thousands of pounds of his own money without even drawing a wage. What a sad day.

1066gull

DK is a cock. I loved Hammond and I spoke to him last week. He said he really wanted to stay and believed we were going to get promoted (after we got Murray). He said how much he loved the club and that I could of got his autograph.

Now he is gone, the last game I saw him was the sending off against Oldham. But what pisses me off even more is the fact we got rid of Revell for a steal £150k. Knight was sold at £125k during a time when the market wasn't as inflated.

To see THREE players go in one day is an absolute piss take. I thought he learnt his lesson when he went out and signed someone for the fans, but I was wrong. f*** of Dick Knight.

I mean, Colchester! I was expecting Sheffield United and he leaves us for f***ing Colchester!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
DK is a cock. I loved Hammond and I spoke to him last week. He said he really wanted to stay and believed we were going to get promoted (after we got Murray). He said how much he loved the club and that I could of got his autograph.

Now he is gone, the last game I saw him was the sending off against Oldham. But what pisses me off even more is the fact we got rid of Revell for a steal £150k. Knight was sold at £125k during a time when the market wasn't as inflated.

To see THREE players go in one day is an absolute piss take. I thought he learnt his lesson when he went out and signed someone for the fans, but I was wrong. f*** of Dick Knight.

I mean, Colchester! I was expecting Sheffield United and he leaves us for f***ing Colchester!

Did you actually speak to him or contact him via Faceless Book

There IS a difference :lolol:

To sign three players in a day is a bit of a piss take for Brighton, I'd have thought you were taking the piss if you told us we'd do that.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rubbish,CG. Some people have over 400 close friends on facebook. Are you telling me they are not real!? :ohmy:

It was a bit of financial ingenuity that got £125k for Knight. Revell was a great bit of business and he wouldn't have left the club if he didn't want to.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm all for anti-social networking myself.

I've got a list of hundreds of people I'd never like to meet again and might as well start a web page with it.

sitonmyspace

.. or something like that.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think this is this most important and most telling part of the statement -
en here a long time, I know everyone at the club very well and they are a great bunch of lads but I have been given an opportunity which I probably couldn't turn down.
"I played in the Championship with Brighton before and loved it and very much wanted to play with Brighton again in the Championship but maybe that wasn't going to happen as soon as I would have liked.

Quite clearly he wasn't going to sign, despite what the club did for him, no loyalty what so ever, and just shows he was looking out for himself, and that he really being too bothered which club he was at next season.

Who knows, part of his Colchester contract may be a relegation release clause anyway, so why would he sign a new deal here even with a release clause in it, with respect to the comments about playing out the rest of the season in the reserves, it's rubbish, Wilkins has already proved it is completely down to him to select the team, and he has no issue with picking players just about to leave like Bas at Millwall. Its just more needless sh*t-stirring trying to turn people against the very good chairman and board at this club, we lost 3 players, signed 6 including midfielders, and are able to bring in further players on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports