Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance and Entitlement

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
You are really over the top...JCLs...I've been watching Albion longer than you've been on the planet Earth...as have a lot of others...I know 3 Palace fans at our club and not one of them has watched Palace in the last 18 years...even at the Amex ...12 miles away.
The amount of time on NSC has nothing to do with the amount of time you have supported a club...and as Mullery said...."Your'e not worth that..."!

JCL palace went from 1300 to 23000 in a year lol **** em and we will probley get more in the dizzy championship

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Hi all.

I'm a Burnley fan, and I felt compelled to register and talk about Stephen Ward in light of some silly comments ive read over time on here.

I noticed that many posters on this forum have been very uncomplimentary towards Ward & even Barnes, for their decision to choose Burnley over Brighton. My question is why?

Brighton now have a lovely fresh stadium. It is admittedly impressive, but no more so than any of the other recently erected new build stadia that we've seen in recent years.

This stadium, and the chance to play at it, seems to be the main reason why posters here think the aforementioned players should have chosen Brighton over Burnley.

Unfortunately, I'm here to tell you that there are quite a number of reasons why a player would choose Burnley over Brighton.

Firstly, Burnley are a club that has woven strands into the fabric of English football. We are a founding member, multiple title winning team that has spent the majority of it's existence in the upper echelons of the Football League.

Brighton can boast none of this, and has spent most of its existence scratching around in the lower leagues.

In recent history, Burnley have shown ambition, have spent more time challenging at the right end of the championship, have shown a real aptitude for bringing through and developing talent and have tasted the success that Brighton aspire to. We play bright, attacking football too.

Whereas Brighton, the nouveau rich, have spent plenty of money and consistently failed at the final hurdle. It's often been pointed out how cynical, dour, and downright dirty some of the football has been also.

Finally, Burnley may not have a shiny new stadium, but what it does have in Turf Moor, is a stadium steeped in history, dignity and respect.

It reflects badly on many of you that you are unable to weigh up such reasons before concluding that the likes of Ward & Barnes are idiots for choosing Burnley over you.

Enjoy your season.

Please don't feel the need to share your stupid claptrap with us ever again.
Ward signed for Burnley because they are in the premiership and they made him a better offer, simple as that. Nothing to do with any pathetic romantic notions that he was signing for a club steeped in history, footballers are mercenary types with no interest in anything except money and silverware.
Burnley FFS, anyone ever been there for a holiday? Thought not.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Funnily enough, Chelsea seem to be taking outrageous liberties with Burnley and their great history.

It is very poor disrespect shown by Chelsea tonight. Mind you, they have earned the right to get pasted by Chelsea and are thoroughly entitled to it ! :thumbsup:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
No mate, Brighton have a major trophy in its locker and been Champions of England, so not a bad "heritage" if you think that trophies mean heritage. BUt I dont regard heritage as trophies, hence I think your little lot at Selhurst have a heritage despite no major trophies. Arrogance is something that all clubs with a large support get accused of. Obviously palace never get accused of it...
I've not said Brighton don't have heritage. And regarding the dig about support, my congratulations again on winning the 'forget everything else, look at our attendances' debate, it does indeed seem to provide much comfort. RIP Arthur Scargill/long live Wolfie, and so on.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
So, it looks like Chelsea has total respect for all the history ooozing out of Burnley United last night :lolol:

No sign of Ward, probably in the same unwanted group that he was in at Wolves, still at least now he can brag to his friends while watching the team he plays for at home that he is in the Premiership.

I saw Barnes come on, and I swear that I saw Mourinho breath a sigh of relief as it was at that point he realised that Burnley United had clearly given up on the game.

To the OP, enjoy all your very public, week day defeats, I'll just sit back and enjoy our wonderful club playing at least what is competitive football even if we aren't winning, at least we will look like we belong in the league we are playing in.

In the meantime I look forward to being astounded at all the respect shown to you from the real Premier League clubs for your immense amount of history.

Now, go back to sha**ing your neighbours whippet, licking your wounds, and look forward to relegation.

RaymondThe

Aug 16, 2014
Just thought I'd revisit this thread to register my surprise that Brighton are yet again not matching the lofty ambition of their fans.

Perhaps some expectations need to be moderated to become more in line with previous levels of achievements as I suggested months ago?

RaymondThe

Aug 16, 2014
Possibly. Let's hope you manage to pull yourself out of your own relegation dogfight. League 1 is a tough league to get out of, but then I'm sure you know that since a large portion of your history has been spent there/lower.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Possibly. Let's hope you manage to pull yourself out of your own relegation dogfight. League 1 is a tough league to get out of, but then I'm sure you know that since a large portion of your history has been spent there/lower.

Bugger off back to your own inbred forum you dullard :tosser:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just thought I'd revisit this thread to register my surprise that Brighton are yet again not matching the lofty ambition of their fans.

Perhaps some expectations need to be moderated to become more in line with previous levels of achievements as I suggested months ago?

Are you really still annoyed two months later that a group of football fans prefer their own team to your team?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005

So by registering your surprise, you are admitting that, like us, you also think that we are a more capable side than our current league position suggests? Why thank you for the compliment, and I have to say I agree, I think we will pull ourselves out of this slump and achieve the expectations of the majority of fans on here, and that is a respectable mid table finish by May.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Hi all.

I'm a Burnley fan, and I felt compelled to register and talk about Stephen Ward in light of some silly comments ive read over time on here.

I noticed that many posters on this forum have been very uncomplimentary towards Ward & even Barnes, for their decision to choose Burnley over Brighton. My question is why?

Brighton now have a lovely fresh stadium. It is admittedly impressive, but no more so than any of the other recently erected new build stadia that we've seen in recent years.

This stadium, and the chance to play at it, seems to be the main reason why posters here think the aforementioned players should have chosen Brighton over Burnley.

Unfortunately, I'm here to tell you that there are quite a number of reasons why a player would choose Burnley over Brighton.

Firstly, Burnley are a club that has woven strands into the fabric of English football. We are a founding member, multiple title winning team that has spent the majority of it's existence in the upper echelons of the Football League.

Brighton can boast none of this, and has spent most of its existence scratching around in the lower leagues.

In recent history, Burnley have shown ambition, have spent more time challenging at the right end of the championship, have shown a real aptitude for bringing through and developing talent and have tasted the success that Brighton aspire to. We play bright, attacking football too.

Whereas Brighton, the nouveau rich, have spent plenty of money and consistently failed at the final hurdle. It's often been pointed out how cynical, dour, and downright dirty some of the football has been also.

Finally, Burnley may not have a shiny new stadium, but what it does have in Turf Moor, is a stadium steeped in history, dignity and respect.

It reflects badly on many of you that you are unable to weigh up such reasons before concluding that the likes of Ward & Barnes are idiots for choosing Burnley over you.

Enjoy your season.

see ya next year sweetheart.....we may have been clumsy , dour and guilty of acts that my come across as cynical in games against you, but Barnes was probably on of the players that criticism was aimed at , been a long time since a player got a seven game ban for assaulting a ref , also almost maiming craig mckail smith in a goal celebration(actually against you i think ) to call us downright dirty is bollox .......cant deny you your place in English football history though so cant argue with the rest of your post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here