Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance and Entitlement

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
....and Ashley 'chuckle' Barnes,..... you seem not to mention him,.......how is his striker development coming along,.... filling a nice gap for when Vokes and Ings get going again?.... he must be what ?.. 5th choice now..... you are welcome to him.

Shit post.

Barnes was a GREAT signing for Burnley - he helped see them over the line when they had injuries at the end of the season. They are reaping the rewards now and no-one at Burnley is ever going to regret that signing, even if Barnes never kicks another ball.

Now the truly baffling thing, isn't the Barnes signing in January - its that they went out in the summer and bought two MORE Championship strikers in Jukebox and Sordell. Plain odd.

Jan 10, 2014
....and Ashley 'chuckle' Barnes,..... you seem not to mention him,.......how is his striker development coming along,.... filling a nice gap for when Vokes and Ings get going again?.... he must be what ?.. 5th choice now..... you are welcome to him.

Barnes played 90 minutes as well since he's our 2nd choice forward while Ings and Vokes are out.

He should have had a penalty after he was upended driving into the box with the ball stuck to his boots. :cool:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sorry to bump this back to the top but I've just typed Burnley into the search facility (mainly because I'm a nosy get) and this thread came up. There are some really embarrassing replies and some really inaccurate posts about Burnley and what they are paying players, I've not read all the thread though.

So does anyone still think that this Raymond chap is a Burnley fan? No, good, then we shall begin........

I don't know if anyone is remotely interested or cares at all but Ward played a full 90 minutes on saturday in 'centre midfield' and he did rather well to say that it is his first start in the Premier League (this season) and a foreign position to him.

I think that there's only the goalkeeping position that he hasn't played in now. :)

Anyone with half a brain can see that the OP is a Palace fan - I've already suggested so. What self-respecting Burnley fan would give a shit about what a few Brighton fans think of them to the extent that they'd sign up to a message board and start such a thread?

Palace fans however, despite being in the PL, are STILL obsessed with us. You only have to check out twitter during the games when we're live on TV.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Anyone with half a brain can see that the OP is a Palace fan - I've already suggested so. What self-respecting Burnley fan would give a shit about what a few Brighton fans think of them to the extent that they'd sign up to a message board and start such a thread?

Palace fans however, despite being in the PL, are STILL obsessed with us. You only have to check out twitter during the games when we're live on TV.

Not really sure that that is the case, there is usually a thread or two on here about Palace (or that becomes about Palace) every other day, and its you lot posting them not us. I think the obsession goes both ways as it would with rivals. I come in because I enjoy the banter that comes from the vast majority of decent Brighton fans (not the mugs who's only response is **** off) and even though I don't post in them I enjoy the threads about politics as well. The reason for that being that on the forum I usually am on 'The HOL' then any political thread inevitably becomes a battle ground between the moronic right wing element on there that is far right of hitler and the moronic left wing mob that is far left of Mao. Personally, like many people on here I'm naturally slightly left of centre therefore I find it more interesting to read this forums discussion on it than the HOL's regular battle going over old ground on it.

With this particular thread I'm fairly certain it isn't a Palace fan and as an outsider I can understand what they are saying about the arrogance and entitlement. Until this season there has been a sense of entitlement here. However, I suspect you could go onto any teams football forum and see the same. Certainly, our plastics scream for Colin's head every loss (which thus far has only been Burnley and Newcastle in the league cup) and then when we get a win the new breed go on about us going for Europe.

For a Burnley fan hearing some of your fans say 'Why would anyone go to a small club like Burnley when they could play at a great ground like the Amex in front of 27,000 and live in a town that's so Bohemian and trendy?' probably is infuriating. Like you said however, it is your forum and that is a number of yours view and your welcome to it but I wouldn't just cast someone who argues against that as being a Palace fan on the troll, the vast majority of us can do that happily enough in a recognised Palace fan guise.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sorry to bump this back to the top but I've just typed Burnley into the search facility (mainly because I'm a nosy get) and this thread came up. There are some really embarrassing replies and some really inaccurate posts about Burnley and what they are paying players, I've not read all the thread though.

So does anyone still think that this Raymond chap is a Burnley fan? No, good, then we shall begin........

I don't know if anyone is remotely interested or cares at all but Ward played a full 90 minutes on saturday in 'centre midfield' and he did rather well to say that it is his first start in the Premier League (this season) and a foreign position to him.

I think that there's only the goalkeeping position that he hasn't played in now. :)

Before you join the original poster on your high horse, how do you think your fans would react if it was posted by a Brighton fan on your forum. I imagine there'd be a whole lot of abuse. People get pissed off with this kind of rubbish (whether he's a troll or a Palace fan or whatever).

Simple fact is that Barnes and Ward moved for a combination of money and Premier League (or more chance of going up). That's not an attack on Burnley, just the way it is in football. It was not Burnley's history (as he suggested) as footballers don't care about that and why should they? On that basis, Notts County and Preston would be competing with the top teams as they were founders of the league.

I don't understand why Burnley supporters even care what we think. If people come on your forum and abuse you, fair enough but to track down our forum and start an argument (or continue one in your case) is ridiculous.

Jan 10, 2014
Before you join the original poster on your high horse, how do you think your fans would react if it was posted by a Brighton fan on your forum. I imagine there'd be a whole lot of abuse. People get pissed off with this kind of rubbish (whether he's a troll or a Palace fan or whatever).

Simple fact is that Barnes and Ward moved for a combination of money and Premier League (or more chance of going up). That's not an attack on Burnley, just the way it is in football. It was not Burnley's history (as he suggested) as footballers don't care about that and why should they? On that basis, Notts County and Preston would be competing with the top teams as they were founders of the league.

I don't understand why Burnley supporters even care what we think. If people come on your forum and abuse you, fair enough but to track down our forum and start an argument (or continue one in your case) is ridiculous.

He isn't a Burnley fan that much I am 100 percent sure. He is either a Palace fan on the wind up or a weird Brighton troll.

Jan 10, 2014
What we know about Burnley is that our current highest earner is 15,000 pw, and it isn't Ward.

So perhaps it's not as much of a draw as we thought?

As to location, I sincerely doubt any of our players live in Burnley town centre. My bet would be that they reside in Gawthorpe or The Ribble Valley, which regularly feature in the "go to" areas of the UK in all sorts of publications.

'What WE know about Burnley'

Gawthorpe is where our training ground is, it isn't a place to live and it's in a town called Padiham.

There you go people, first bit of evidence.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Well said.

Jan 10, 2014
Same question applies though. How do you think your forum would react if someone claiming to be a Brighton fan posted that on your forum. It's irrelevant whether they are or not.

He'd be sussed straight away and then humoured. That's assuming there are adults on here as well the obvious children.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perhaps therefore it is indeed the case that some BHAFC supporters are way more sanctimonious and display more misplaced arrogance than they think.

Read his posts again and post otherwise.

There a plenty of non-supporting Albion fans capable of disucssing football without being a twonk. You could learn a great deal from them.

Jan 10, 2014
I give up.

That's twice you've said that on this thread, yet you've been a very prominent poster on this thread. It seems the OP (who clearly isn't a Burnley fan) has got to you.

I'll try and clear a few things up.

Ashley Barnes didn't move for the money, even though he would have got a bit more it wouldn't have been the deal breaker when having to up sticks and move nearly 300 hundred miles away, especially if he was happy and felt that he was wanted (which he clearly felt that he wasn't. In the 2012'13 season Brighton were paying nearly 6 million more in wages compared to Burnley and even though you ditched the top earners I don't think that you would have clawed all that back (especially when we had to cut the wages again in the 2013'14 season).

Stephen Ward hasn't come to Burnley just for the money (although it does help) he's a Republic of Ireland international who probably feels that he could get in to the Burnley team which helps him to stay in the international scope being in the Premier League.

The problem is that a lot of people think that a SKY cheque for £120 million falls on the mat as soon as you are promoted to the Premier League, which isn't the case. We've only had one payment so far and that doesn't even cover the transfers, ground improvements, bonuses and everything else.

Someone said earlier in the thread about how Ward would sit on the bench at Burnley for £40,000 a week. :lol:

He won't be getting half that.

Edit - My apologies, nearly £6 million more in wages and not £8 million

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps therefore it is indeed the case that some BHAFC supporters are way more sanctimonious and display more misplaced arrogance than they think.

When it comes to sanctimonious BOLLOCKS, VHA....You sir, have written the book, and performed a nationwide booksigning tour at Borders.

Which nobody attended.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Does Burnley not have a forum that the two of you could discuss all this fascinating Burnley related stuff on?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Never had an issue with Burnley. Small town club that used to boast the highest average attendance viz town size. Last won the league title in 1960, when the only time they led the table was when the final whistle blew on the last day. Good manager, well-knit squad, tough job to survive.
Pointless thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here