Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance and Entitlement

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The greatest irony of such a rambling and imbecilic opening post entitled "Arrogance and Entitlement" is that it can be easily summarised using just those words. We're deluded for thinking players might want to play in nice facilities and live in a nice town, but he's rational for thinking Stephen Ward's moved to them for the glorious honour of playing for a founding father of the league? Laughable, Ward gives precisely the square root of fu<k all sh!ts about Burnley being older than Brighton. We're both middling clubs with little glory to speak of and if we were in the same division it would come down to £££s and nothing else. The only difference between us and them at the moment is they lucked out and went up on the back of a freak season from a previously uninspiring striker. Critical thinking still not the forte of northerners it would seem, probably too distracted by the giant chips on their shoulders.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You couldn't make it up, Burnley fan comes on here, performs a smash and grab raid and leaves behind 13 page binfest between an Aberdeen FC fan and BHA fans! Whatever next? An Accrington Stanley fan turns up on the BBS and sets up a binfest between a Greenock Morton fan and the Palace fans?!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Hi all.

I'm a Burnley fan, and I felt compelled to register and talk about Stephen Ward in light of some silly comments ive read over time on here.

I noticed that many posters on this forum have been very uncomplimentary towards Ward & even Barnes, for their decision to choose Burnley over Brighton. My question is why?

Brighton now have a lovely fresh stadium. It is admittedly impressive, but no more so than any of the other recently erected new build stadia that we've seen in recent years.

This stadium, and the chance to play at it, seems to be the main reason why posters here think the aforementioned players should have chosen Brighton over Burnley.

Unfortunately, I'm here to tell you that there are quite a number of reasons why a player would choose Burnley over Brighton.

Firstly, Burnley are a club that has woven strands into the fabric of English football. We are a founding member, multiple title winning team that has spent the majority of it's existence in the upper echelons of the Football League.

Brighton can boast none of this, and has spent most of its existence scratching around in the lower leagues.

In recent history, Burnley have shown ambition, have spent more time challenging at the right end of the championship, have shown a real aptitude for bringing through and developing talent and have tasted the success that Brighton aspire to. We play bright, attacking football too.

Whereas Brighton, the nouveau rich, have spent plenty of money and consistently failed at the final hurdle. It's often been pointed out how cynical, dour, and downright dirty some of the football has been also.

Finally, Burnley may not have a shiny new stadium, but what it does have in Turf Moor, is a stadium steeped in history, dignity and respect.

It reflects badly on many of you that you are unable to weigh up such reasons before concluding that the likes of Ward & Barnes are idiots for choosing Burnley over you.

Enjoy your season.

Of course. Ward opted to go to Burnley for Turf Moor and its history, dignity and respect. Premier League wages had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Bazinga.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I remember seeing him play last year! He skinned every defender he came against, and I'm sure most others will agree with you that it's a crying shame another great player has slipped through our net, B,B and B out!

Well maybe just B and B out, let the 3rd one stay as he's a good sort

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I saw the thread title, and thought it was the name of a new album from Coldplay.

As it's about enthralling as a new album from Coldplay, I'll duck out again at this point

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Lots of delusion to keep insisting on the 'money' card in light of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

If he plays for Burnley, he is more likely to win something than what he would if he played for Brighton. This is also true.

'End of', as someone so succinctly put it.

And what's he going to win with Burnley?
N
Premier league? Fa Cup? European football?

The only thing any burnley player can win is a mathball with fish supper for 2 from some tinpot local sponsor and the big prize of relegation, which....mark my words, he will be winning big in 8 months time.

Ashley Barnes....come on down, Stephen 'here for history' Ward.....come on down

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I can't believe Oldham haven't got themselves back where they belong, founder members of the premier league and all that. It grinds my gears when people say there's only 2 teams in Manchester. Pure arrogance!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here