Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argies do want to take over , get rid of the board!

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Great Cornholio said:
Stupid takeover offers are made all the time - I know of one consortium who tried to buy the club for £2 million on the proviso that they had control.

Where were these people when Archer was in charge?

How much were they prepared to invest in the team? ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
3gulls said:
How much were they prepared to invest in the team? ???

Let's not forget that DK pledged £2 million for team rebuilding just before the Hereford game, regardless of the outcome. Did it ever happen? No but he's done a great job at the club and he's not bad at PR , when it suits him. I'd take ANY prospective investors chest puffing promises with a pinch of slat.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Argies do want to take over , get rid of the board!

The Large One said:

Meaning what it says. Who in their right mind would trust Knight with their money?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Let's not forget that DK pledged £2 million for team rebuilding just before the Hereford game, regardless of the outcome. Did it ever happen? No

Exactly! And still his arse-wipes on here trust him! :censored:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Argies do want to take over , get rid of the board!

3gulls said:
Meaning what it says. Who in their right mind would trust Knight with their money?

Why pick Knight out inparticular though?.

I would probably say who in their right mind would trust any businessman with their money without watertight conditions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The more potential suitors the present Albion board has the better deal the club are likely to get when the eventual regime change comes.

I'm pleased for the board members that have invested their own money to keep this club afloat that they may have a chance to recoup their investment.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Icy Gull said:
Let's not forget that DK pledged £2 million for team rebuilding just before the Hereford game, regardless of the outcome. Did it ever happen? No but he's done a great job at the club and he's not bad at PR , when it suits him. I'd take ANY prospective investors chest puffing promises with a pinch of slat.

Don't recall that utterance passing his lips.

Besides anyone who thinks that money needing to be spent on getting a ground into a condition whereby it was acceptable for league football standards instead of putting it all into the playing squad has their priorities upside down.

Don't they 3gulls?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Great Cornholio said:
Where were these people when Archer was in charge?

That mate is the question.

ANYONE who wants to come forward must be asked where were you when we REALLY needed you.

After all even back then we still had potential if we had funny money thrown at us.

There is no way Archer would have said oh no sorry Mr X Im not going to take your gazillion pounds when I can make £7m by selling the Goldstone.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
Don't recall that utterance passing his lips.

I remember it very clearly as I thought it was quite an exciting prospect if we'd ended up in the conference, not that I belived it at the time, I was getting used to bullshit about what was going to happen to this club by then. Not a direct knock at DK just making the point that what investors and chairmen promise is not gospel however honest their intentions.

Is there any way of searching Albion related Argus items around that time, you'll find DK's promise there I'm pretty sure.

Anyone remember the Bellotti flyers handed out mid season at the Goldstone about the new stadium that would be ready by the following Christmas?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
DK & MP have done us proud to get this us this close to the green light for the new stadium. Would seem reasonable to suppose that they will continue to have the best interests of the club at heart following the Falmer decision & won't just flog the club off to the first set of spivs to march in over the horizon. Don't really think there's much danger of the team lining up for the opening game at the Malvinas Stadium.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The 2 miilion on players was mentioned by DK but as the takeover dragged on with us stuck at Priestfield it probably was swallowed up covering the losses.

D

Deleted User X18H

Let me get this straight Argies want to takle over this (message) board..............crikey.

3gulls said:
Exactly! And still his arse-wipes on here trust him! :censored:

Yeah, he could have spent £2m on the team instead of what he actually spent it on. We'd still be playing at Gillingham and Bill Archer would still own 49 per cent of the club, but hey, you'd have a few Carlos Kickaballs running about on the pitch to watch every week as the club gradually went down the pan.

Icy Gull said:
I remember it very clearly as I thought it was quite an exciting prospect if we'd ended up in the conference, not that I belived it at the time, I was getting used to bullshit about what was going to happen to this club by then. Not a direct knock at DK just making the point that what investors and chairmen promise is not gospel however honest their intentions.

Is there any way of searching Albion related Argus items around that time, you'll find DK's promise there I'm pretty sure.

Anyone remember the Bellotti flyers handed out mid season at the Goldstone about the new stadium that would be ready by the following Christmas?

It's really a disgrace you comparing Bellotti's and Knight's promises in that fashion. Ask yourself what those respective gentleman have achieved for this club and the absurdity is pretty clear.

Knight wasn't even in day-to-day charge of the club before the Hereford game and so it would have been impossible for him to accurately judge the financial mess that Albion were in at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here