Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argies do want to take over , get rid of the board!

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Just had a message from horses mouth that board have been aware of Argie interest since beginning of year, if we get falmer they`ll want to make a takeover bid and oust the current board. I want falmer but not if it means we lose the very people that helped get us the chance. Worried a bit now.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
jezzer said:
Just had a message from horses mouth that board have been aware of Argie interest since beginning of year, if we get falmer they`ll want to make a takeover bid and oust the current board. I want falmer but not if it means we lose the very people that helped get us the chance. Worried a bit now.

I wouldn't trust the argies anyway, not after the Archer/Belloti fiasco.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
If the Argies do take over, I suppose we'll be keeping the same shade of blue for our kit we've had this season...

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
As we are not a plc, as much as we welcome investment (Richard Branson, Virgin Stadium) no-one can actually come in and takeover the club just like that anyway, can they? I would hope that the fans have a say, and I wouldnt imagine Dick and Martin being happy to relinquish control unless there were serious safeguards in place to protect the future of the club, and no disrespect to the argentinians, but if they want the present board ousted after all they`ve done, then it doesn`t augur well for their feelings about the club or their intelligence in thinking this would be a good way of gaining support for a takeover.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Big articles on Maradona in some papers this weekend - very positive portrayal of him - kicking the drugs, losing weight, etc. Wonder if his PR people are building him up?

Saw an article in the Times where an interviewer had a real go about Lord Des Lynam - probably a Palarse fan anyway.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Brighton Bloke said:
Did he have to 'saddle us' with that comment?

Yes, I think we could be being taken for a ride !

As they say .... Coat !

rool

Jul 10, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:

Saw an article in the Times where an interviewer had a real go about Lord Des Lynam - probably a Palarse fan anyway.

Saw that too, seemed to me he was just making something out of nothing

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I still think this story has as much credence as the Gadaffi/Palace story last year.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
You can disbelieve all you like, but I havent posted on here for months and the message came from a very reliable source within the club who hardly ever offers information. Seriously worried about it. Source not a gossip monger like most on here.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think its positive that people can see the potential in the club.
I'm sure it will come to nothing, but if someone is willing to chuck big bucks at the club, I don't see it as a bad thing.

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
Ossie Ardiles & Paul Miller as part of a consortium are brokering a deal to purchase a 45% stake in the club. This is from a source within the club.:ohmy: :ohmy:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
jezzer said:
You can disbelieve all you like, but I havent posted on here for months and the message came from a very reliable source within the club who hardly ever offers information. Seriously worried about it. Source not a gossip monger like most on here.

But you're hardly likely to post and then say "oh, by the way, it's just a load of bollocks that I made up to pass the time", are you?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
jezzer said:

But the board won't budge unless the terms of the takeover are met, no matter how much dosh. And one of the terms is 'no single majority shreholder'.

If they were REALLY keen to show their intentions, they would have put some money in by now as a show of goodwill.

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Don't worry, they will not be able to buy Knight out. He will be looking to cash-in on the planning approval. :lolol:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Argies do want to take over , get rid of the board!

The Large One said:
If they were REALLY keen to show their intentions, they would have put some money in by now as a show of goodwill.

Why? I doubt if they will trust their money to Knight.

jezzer said:
As we are not a plc, as much as we welcome investment (Richard Branson, Virgin Stadium) no-one can actually come in and takeover the club just like that anyway, can they? I would hope that the fans have a say, and I wouldnt imagine Dick and Martin being happy to relinquish control unless there were serious safeguards in place to protect the future of the club, and no disrespect to the argentinians, but if they want the present board ousted after all they`ve done, then it doesn`t augur well for their feelings about the club or their intelligence in thinking this would be a good way of gaining support for a takeover.

I think we would all agree with that. Re, your earlier post, it's plausible that the board may have heard whispers and rumours of interest, but the thing is, they probably get hundreds of these rumours fed to them by well-meaning and not-so-well-meaning people every year.

They really have to disregard them all until they get a confirmed approach, and that's what is lacking right now - and that is a cause for concern if these investors are serious in their ambitions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here