Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you 1 of the 12 Albion fans banned follow Palace game?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The reality of all this is that Albion, the football club, have drawn a line in the sand. They will not tolerate any kind of slightly naughty/antisocial behaviour. That is their right. But if you have a ground full of people that do not care enough to get a bit wound up on occasion (songs with swear words, or heaven forbid, fans who gesticulate) then you will never raise a passionate atmosphere. Without that kind of intensity the team can never reach its absolute peak of performance in the heat of the moment. In the long term it means BHAFC will never quite have the same levels of expectation and therefore achievement attained by other clubs. Surprised that TB is OK with that.

It's nothing new. In 2004, we were at the Stadium of Light, when the ref made a dubious decision and the bloke next to me (I didn't know him) shouted out the C word. A minute later he was ejected by a steward and copper. I had to move to avoid getting kicked as he struggled.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fireworks etc aside. 12 of ours are banned for not much more than lads being lads.

F * k what Palace do.

I'm more concerned with the fact that this is happening more and more based on opinions on what correct behaviour attending football should be.

Feel sorry for them

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's nothing new. In 2004, we were at the Stadium of Light, when the ref made a dubious decision and the bloke next to me (I didn't know him) shouted out the C word. A minute later he was ejected by a steward and copper. I had to move to avoid getting kicked as he struggled.

How about , having a word and helping the fella out !!!

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
The whole thing was predictable and sad. Remember the issue of the 1901 fan who was banned at the first Palace game at the Amex and then subsequently unbanned when the club had to admit it had falsified reports on his behavior? Reading the BBC report there is a picture of the scum with their red flares with the story below about how BHA have banned 12. To anyone who wouldn't know you would assume those 12 are for the disorder in the away stands. But no. These 12 are for being anti social. For gesticulating and the like. This is the one, and probably the only one, area of how the club is managed that really pisses me off. Palace have gone the other direction. True criminal behavior, dangerous also, that could have injured their own fans and certainly scared a fair few, is just tolerated. Something in the middle is required.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How about , having a word and helping the fella out !!!

Do you really think a copper and steward would've listened to a middle aged woman? If they're determined to throw you out, there's not a lot anyone can do.

My point was it's not a recent thing, or down to PB or TB as the post I quoted indicated.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Do you really think a copper and steward would've listened to a middle aged woman? If they're determined to throw you out, there's not a lot anyone can do.

My point was it's not a recent thing, or down to PB or TB as the post I quoted indicated.

Would kick myself personally if I didn't at least try but that's up to you .

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I knew that bans had been handed out to some of our fans but it wasn’t my place to say until news officially broke.

I didn’t know that some fans had already been through court - has that been reported anywhere at all?

There does, so far at least, seem to be a bit of a difference in how seriously both clubs take this. Albion: lengthy bans. Palace: don’t travel to Brighton tomorrow night and here’s your money back.

It does look as though Palace fans who said Parish and the club were too scared to take action against a certain group of their fans my have been correct.

The Argus news section reported a few weeks ago on those that made Court

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The reality of all this is that Albion, the football club, have drawn a line in the sand. They will not tolerate any kind of slightly naughty/antisocial behaviour. That is their right. But if you have a ground full of people that do not care enough to get a bit wound up on occasion (songs with swear words, or heaven forbid, fans who gesticulate) then you will never raise a passionate atmosphere. Without that kind of intensity the team can never reach its absolute peak of performance in the heat of the moment. In the long term it means BHAFC will never quite have the same levels of expectation and therefore achievement attained by other clubs. Surprised that TB is OK with that.

You don't need to swear and gesticulate aggressively at others to support the team , but seeing as you are a right wing looney headbanger I'm not surprised you see that behaviour as being ok

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Corner?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The club has issued banning letters to a dozen additional Albion fans - excluding them from home and away matches until the end of the current season after they were captured on video breaching stadium rules.

So not naughty enough for a police prosecution but naughty enough to get a ban for a few months........i wonder what actions constitute this sort of ban?

and more importantly, what happens to their season ticket & loyalty points?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Leaving aside the issue as to how strong the link between support is and success, why can you not create a caudron without using swear words.
I would have thought 90 minutes of the whole ground just signing Albion at full volume and as one would achieve this.

You don't need to swear and gesticulate aggressively at others to support the team , but seeing as you are a right wing looney headbanger I'm not surprised you see that behaviour as being ok

Do me a favour. The more you criminalise and ban the passionate support the quieter and more soulless we will become. If it gets to the stage where matches are akin to watching the cricket like the Emirates was then I think I will be done myself. Our home support is quiet enough as it is without suggesting it is ok for those who lose themselves slightly in the pantomime to be prevented from watching the club they love.

You either must be very naive or very stupid to not understand the correlation between fans who care enough about something and frustration enough to swear, exclaim and gesticulate during a football match. Perhaps some people can say 'gosh darn it, ah well we go again' after a crushing defeat/shortcoming but personally I can't. Again, it's further cutting off our less affluent support who may not have had the best of upbringings yet whose etiquette we judge, and replacing them with the sit on yer hands and occasional polite applause types.

Threads like this will always be speculation and supposition from those who feel aggrieved at fellow fans being banned for something they consider innocuous, and others who toe the club line and speculate themselves that there's more to it than is being reported. For me, the hard line taken is one of the few things that I can't and won't agree with the club on.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Do me a favour. The more you criminalise and ban the passionate support the quieter and more soulless we will become. If it gets to the stage where matches are akin to watching the cricket like the Emirates was then I think I will be done myself. Our home support is quiet enough as it is without suggesting it is ok for those who lose themselves slightly in the pantomime to be prevented from watching the club they love.

You either must be very naive or very stupid to not understand the correlation between fans who care enough about something and frustration enough to swear, exclaim and gesticulate during a football match. Perhaps some people can say 'gosh darn it, ah well we go again' after a crushing defeat/shortcoming but personally I can't. Again, it's further cutting off our less affluent support who may not have had the best of upbringings yet whose etiquette we judge, and replacing them with the sit on yer hands and occasional polite applause types.

Threads like this will always be speculation and supposition from those who feel aggrieved at fellow fans being banned for something they consider innocuous, and others who toe the club line and speculate themselves that there's more to it than is being reported. For me, the hard line taken is one of the few things that I can't and won't agree with the club on.

Spot on.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

But I doubt he was banned for the rest of the season, or actually convicted like an Albion fan was a week or two back for giving the middle finger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here