Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you 1 of the 12 Albion fans banned follow Palace game?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Antisocial behavior. Misbehavior. Breaching ground regulations.

The bar does seem to be ridiculously low.

Anyone who has never done anything that Barber and his team of cameras might be construed (without the need for independent scrutiny or the right of appeal) to be one of the above, please take the moral high ground below.

Meanwhile: break into the ground, injure stewards, let off IEDs, apparently without effective sanction.

This whole episode, I would suggest (at risk of verbal antisocial behavior) is an almighty cockwomble parade.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
CPFC after the league game:

“This kind of antisocial and criminal behaviour is completely unacceptable and we condemn it in the strongest possible terms. There are very clear images of the incident and we will work with the police to identify the supporters involved, who will face stadium bans as well as potential criminal proceedings."

They've now been provided with imagery it seems.

Let's see if the Palace fans who say Parish et al are too scared to act against their supporters are correct. I'm not sure "Don't travel to Brighton, here's your money back" is the action that Palace fans bulled from their seats and those injured by fireworks are looking for.

Jan 30, 2008
I knew that bans had been handed out to some of our fans but it wasn’t my place to say until news officially broke.

I didn’t know that some fans had already been through court - has that been reported anywhere at all?

There does, so far at least, seem to be a bit of a difference in how seriously both clubs take this. Albion: lengthy bans. Palace: don’t travel to Brighton tomorrow night and here’s your money back.

It does look as though Palace fans who said Parish and the club were too scared to take action against a certain group of their fans my have been correct.
Who told you out of interest , SEEMS THE CLUB ARE MORE INTERESTED IN TRAWLING THROUGH CCTV these days
regards
DR

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

“This kind of antisocial and criminal behaviour is completely unacceptable and we condemn it in the strongest possible terms. There are very clear images of the incident and we will work with the police to identify the supporters involved, who will face stadium bans as well as potential criminal proceedings."

Let's see if the Palace fans who say Parish et al are too scared to act against their supporters are correct. I'm not sure "Don't travel to Brighton, here's your money back" is the action that Palace fans bulled from their seats and those injured by fireworks are looking for.

It seems to me, that provided those people listen to the warning to not go to Brighton they will get away with any ban. Really poor from Parish. Says one thing, does another. I expect once tonight's match is done, if there are no further problems, we will never hear any more about bans of Palace fans. However as I said on another thread what is going to happen if those who have been warned not to attend do attend. Are they going to arrest them as soon as they get to Brighton? When they get to the AMEX? Somewhere else? Or not at all. Can't see this going very well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It just goes to show what club has the bollox, to sort out the ones who have ruined it for the true fans.
The Palace hierarchy are probably too scared to take on the toddler group, that is the ultras!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
So we know how many of our fans have been prosecuted / issued with banning orders.

Do we know how many banning orders Disney has issued to his spotty oik hoolies who a) broke into the stadium b) assaulted the stewards c) let off incendiary devices?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I think that secretly Parish loves what the HFs do. He can't come out and say that anymore, but the fact that they were able to disrupt the league game and thanks to the FSF et al were able to make it more about Sussex Police and stewarding he'll be very happy.

Also, with his 'warning' not to travel, he's put the responsibility back on Sussex Police to deal with any fall out - keeping the problem at arms length.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am not banned, damn means I must go tonight

el punal

I must admit I'll be glad when tonight's game is over and done with, hopefully with an Albion win and no replay. Then we can get away from who's been banned or not, who's been prosecuted, where are the missing knuckle dusters, the fashion statement by the Holmesdale Tw*ts, I blame the club, the police, the stewards, the tea lady and so on and so forth brigade . . . . and get back to normality, as in watching the Albion get 3 points against the other Albion on Saturday. :drink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A first draft of the CPFC letter has come to light:

Dear *******

It seems the weed have taken a bit of an exception to some of our fans injuring stewards, setting off fireworks and, in some cases, injuring our own fans with them. Whilst we believe the Tesco bag wearers need to man up a bit, we are concerned that if you travel down to Brighton on Monday night you will not be permitted entry to the Amex.

We apologise for the inconvenience and have refunded your money for the ticket you purchased for the game.

Stevie P and Mark Bright will visit you between 6-7pm on Monday evening to hand deliver a BT subscription, pizza (please specify preference for pepperoni or Hawaiian) and a few crates of beer in order that you can still enjoy the game.

Once again, we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience and look forward to seeing you at our next league away game. Bring the pyro.

Regards,

CPFC Ticketing Team

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have no words on how soft all this bollox is , so NOBODY was arrested and charged for letting off what by now have become IED's in the away end that night , but a bloke sticks his finger up ends up in court , gets his picture in the argus and loses his job ! fair cop , massive pats on the back all round there .

The reality of all this is that Albion, the football club, have drawn a line in the sand. They will not tolerate any kind of slightly naughty/antisocial behaviour. That is their right. But if you have a ground full of people that do not care enough to get a bit wound up on occasion (songs with swear words, or heaven forbid, fans who gesticulate) then you will never raise a passionate atmosphere. Without that kind of intensity the team can never reach its absolute peak of performance in the heat of the moment. In the long term it means BHAFC will never quite have the same levels of expectation and therefore achievement attained by other clubs. Surprised that TB is OK with that.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The reality of all this is that Albion, the football club, have drawn a line in the sand. They will not tolerate any kind of slightly naughty/antisocial behaviour. That is their right. But if you have a ground full of people that do not care enough to get a bit wound up on occasion (songs with swear words, or heaven forbid, fans who gesticulate) then you will never raise a passionate atmosphere. Without that kind of intensity the team can never reach its absolute peak of performance in the heat of the moment. In the long term it means BHAFC will never quite have the same levels of expectation and therefore achievement attained by other clubs. Surprised that TB is OK with that.
Leaving aside the issue as to how strong the link between support is and success, why can you not create a caudron without using swear words.
I would have thought 90 minutes of the whole ground just signing Albion at full volume and as one would achieve this.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
On the radio today some dimwit of Palace fan blaming the stewards For not searching well enough I blame the twats that bring dangerous Firworks into a football ground.who right

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think that secretly Parish loves what the HFs do. He can't come out and say that anymore, but the fact that they were able to disrupt the league game and thanks to the FSF et al were able to make it more about Sussex Police and stewarding he'll be very happy.

Also, with his 'warning' not to travel, he's put the responsibility back on Sussex Police to deal with any fall out - keeping the problem at arms length.

Its like cardiff in the late 90s

So we have pound shop soul crew (HF) protected by poundland sam hammam (SP)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here