Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we so relaxed about Potter going to Everton ?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I think the FA have eyes on him for certain. There is nobody else I would pick to replace Southgate at this moment in time and if the World Cup goes badly for Gareth he might find himself being offered the gig quicker than we might think!

Everton though, no chance!

Not sure why any decent club manager would even consider the England job.
Hardly a hands on environment which is what most good club managers thrive on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon he didn’t mention the fans when talking about how good everything about the club is because fans are the same everywhere, except Palace and Pompey of course who the pundits **** themselves silly over :smile:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It's pretty obvious that GP's praise of what goes on at Falmer and Lancing was a direct answer to the Everton question.
I'm sure we all suspected he felt that way but it's still nice to hear him say it like he did. Basically implying his success here is as much to do with the environment and people around him as it is his own coaching abilities. He doesn't take it for granted one bit, because he's an intelligent bloke with ambition but humility alongside it.

Those who just come back with "money talks" or pundits that try and tout him to any club perceived as bigger than us simply aren't getting it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
14 in 10 years is more than an achievement, it's a mathematical miracle!

Twenty. I meant twenty.

Actually it isn't a bad record, to be fair. I was hoping nobody would pick up on that as it it spoilt my narrative :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here