Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are We Now LUMBERED With Hemed And Baldock Up Front Next Season?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Can't see any UK club south of the border cherry-picking either of them. One's not very mobile, one's not very brave. Both are so-so.

How do we now progress to The Promised Land with those two still on the books as the partnership of choice up front?

I'd sadly suggest we can't.

Would you like us to re-sign One in Ten Glenn ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't see any UK club south of the border cherry-picking either of them. One's not very mobile, one's not very brave. Both are so-so.

How do we now progress to The Promised Land with those two still on the books as the partnership of choice up front?

:fishing:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I completely agree with the OP. They're all rubbish and no club in their right mind should be looking at any of our first team players. Any scouts reading this should just move along.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Shows how opinions differ. Whilst Hemeds first touch is good. His hold up play very poor. OK when in space but if ball played into him when marked cannot shrug of defender.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hemed missed quite a few sitters early in the season and seem to hit the post a bit. Had he been a bit more lethal he might of been knocking on 25 goals , which would have been very impressive

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Fishing trip!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tomer will be 1st choice, Sam 2nd, with 2 new striker additions methinks...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So: to sum up:

1. Hemed holds the ball up well

2.Baldock runs off the ball and creates space well

Simple question, post-Barnes era, has to be asked: who are these no-marks actually holding the ball up and running off the ball FOR?

WELL? ???

1. Each Other
2. The midfield to get forward
3. To create space for others
4. To draw defenders out of position
5. To create space for themselves to get into goalscoring positions

All of the above we were fairly successful at given the points tally and the amount of goals scored - I am not saying there are not better ones at doing it but there are ones who are a lot worse

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i would suggest two new strikers probably need to be the two first choice strikers. Baldock does a lot of work but really needs to score. We aren't 'lumbered' with Hemed but that 17 goals is slightly misleading in my book. Quite a few pens, one where it should have gone to stephens and quite a few where his finish was ......well a bit lucky. He is good with his head. Not impressed with his shooting at all.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Keep them both but upgrade on Wilson and Zamora

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Hemed is easily good enough to play alongside the (hopefully) new striker, Baldock is great to have off the bench and good cover. We're Brighton & Hove Albion, not bloody Manchester City or PSG, we can't go out buy a whole new strike force just because we didn't win the league..

el punal

I'd gladly suggest that you take a holiday, then you might come back in a better and more positive frame of mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here