Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are We Now LUMBERED With Hemed And Baldock Up Front Next Season?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Same as you, I just want us to be the best that we can be. And that goal tally had very little to do with the Hemed Baldock partnership. It's a partnership that won't do us any favours at all next season IMHO.

You say no favours but it is a partnership which got us to 3rd in reality. Hemed scored 12 over the 2nd half of the season and I could be wrong but i do not think we lost a league game with them playing together.
I think Hemed will be 1st choice next year. Baldock an option off the bench. Baldock I think there is an upgraded version somewhere out there in our price range but Hemed I would defiantly have 1st choice next year

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I think they're great and hope they both stay. Hemed scored some great goals and Baldock work rate and movement is second to none.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
To play devil's advocate to the O.P's fishing trip - we were the division's top scorers last season but missed out on goal difference to a team that lost four more games than us. With that in mind, where would you say the problem lies?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's a squad game. We need to bring in 2 seriously quality strikers to challenge these 2, however both are key players. Hemed's hold up play is underrated by many on NSC - I'd also say he's better on the ball than Ulloa...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You say no favours but it is a partnership which got us to 3rd in reality. Hemed scored 12 over the 2nd half of the season and I could be wrong but i do not think we lost a league game with them playing together.

Sorry, but to me that's just irrelevant stats. Analyse who scored the goals. Where's Baldock's striker's contribution apart from running off/away from the ball and shirking out of tackles?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's a squad game. We need to bring in 2 seriously quality strikers to challenge these 2, however both are key players. Hemed's hold up play is underrated by many on NSC - I'd also say he's better on the ball than Ulloa...

I agree that Hemed's hold up play -- his strength on the ball, his tenacity, and his skill -- is vastly under-rated on here but, then again, I'm not convinced it's better than Ulloa's.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
YES - They will be there but we will have others as well that will make us more potent and cutting edge. I wouldn't want to lose them anyhow. They both played their part in a great season last year and I think they earned the right to be here next year

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It maybe heresy, but I prefer Hemed to Leo, at least in the second half of Leos final season, he didn't look that fit, or that intetested

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I agree that Hemed's hold up play -- his strength on the ball, his tenacity, and his skill -- is vastly under-rated on here but, then again, I'm not convinced it's better than Ulloa's.

So: to sum up:

1. Hemed holds the ball up well

2.Baldock runs off the ball and creates space well

Simple question, post-Barnes era, has to be asked: who are these no-marks actually holding the ball up and running off the ball FOR?

WELL? ???

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
So glad most who post on here are only supporters and not actually involved in any player selection process what a load of tosh Hemed has been fantastic 17 goals and ok Baldock has not scored as many as we would have expected but work rate team player cannot be questioned, they could do with some support in the way of competition but they have both been fantastic all season

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I thought Ernest had started this thread:)

Agree with OP despite Hemeds goals the team need to improve to go again next season:albion2:

Of course we need to improve but using the word 'lumbered' to describe having Hemed at the club is utterly ridiculous.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Has he ever looked HALF the part that Ulloa did? Will there be a single club at this level or above clamouring for his services close season? I think not.

Yes, that's nice but he still scored more than Ulloa regardless of whether another club comes sniffing around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here