Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we losing something?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Still, TWO Albion games live on telly within three days in a couple of weeks' time.

Ah, don't tell me: you hate Sky too...

Not hate exactly, but it's done more than a little harm to the game in amongst all the good.
And some of their coverage is utter shite, I mean, seriously have you watched SSN today?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
££££££££££

As in travel? Ticket? Both? Was it cheaper from Bath 'in the old days'?

No doubt the away games at Reading, Watford, Millwall and West Ham, will be to expensive too?

Or is this whole thread just a moan for the sake of it?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
I'll give you a little tip on how to get home tickets, but don't tell anyone because it's top secret. What you have to do is check Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures every few days until it tells you when tickets for the next home game will be on sale. Again, this is top secret information, so please keep it to yourself. Once we enter the period that allows tickets to be sold on general sale (every single game so far) what you need to do is click on 'buy tickets' and enter the exact same number that is on the plastic rectangular thing that lives in your wallet. Hopefully you should be able to manage this (most people of below average intelligence can) and then you will be sent this thing called a 'ticket' in the post. If you take this to the Amex on the day of the game and place it in the ticket reader machine, it should permit you entry to the stadium. Again, this is highly classified information, so please don't share this with anyone. Once inside you should find 20,000 other people who, like you, worked out an ingenious way to beat this undeniably near-impossible system. Good luck.

Brilliant, cheers.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was lucky enough to follow the Albion through the glory years of the late 70's and thought it would never be as good again but I'm starting to change my mind. These are truly wonderful times. Savour every moment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

No doubt the away games at Reading, Watford, Millwall and West Ham, will be to expensive too?

He hasn't moaned in the slightest, has he? He's just articulated his thoughts, that his relationship with the club has changed. Many of us feel like this - not that I'd change it for the world. Read the blog I linked to on page one, and tell me you don't relate to any of that?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He hasn't moaned in the slightest, has he? He's just articulated his thoughts, that his relationship with the club has changed. Many of us feel like this - not that I'd change it for the world. Read the blog I linked to on page one, and tell me you don't relate to any of that?

Ok I will remove the word 'moan' and insert 'excuse' ... the posting from this person has included more than his disaffection with the club on the up.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I'm morethan happy that we are selling out But yeah i too wish there were more match day tickets on sale

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Sorry, both I suppose. I think I had more disposable income then, which is strange as I was then at university but am now working full time. But both me and the girlfriend are on quite low incomes so have to be a bit careful.

No, I'll be looking to go to them. Probably choosing them over home games, which seems strange.

It's not, no. Just trying to convey some feelings that have milling around for the last few weeks and see if anyone else shares them. Some do, it seems.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I'm with bathseagull on this one. 'Loyalty' points = pah. I don't object to it in theory, just the idea that, because I can't afford to go to every game these days, that somehow makes me less 'loyal' than the next bloke. So, when Cr****a* P***** come around, I'm gutted I've zero chance of getting a ticket. It just isn't the same as The Goldstone. Still love The Albion of course, but wish I could be there when I want, not when the club allows me, that's all...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As I said, I'll always support the Albion thanks.
But I just can't ignore the fact that I feel differently about them right now and the way I follow them is going to have to change.

Them? :nono:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'm with bathseagull on this one. 'Loyalty' points = pah. I don't object to it in theory, just the idea that, because I can't afford to go to every game these days, that somehow makes me less 'loyal' than the next bloke. So, when Cr****a* P***** come around, I'm gutted I've zero chance of getting a ticket. It just isn't the same as The Goldstone. Still love The Albion of course, but wish I could be there when I want, not when the club allows me, that's all...

Isn't it the case that you only need 60 points though? If we didn't have the loyalty points system in place, the club would probably go for something along the lines of 'you must have been to the previous three home games for first option on tickets', like last year. Does doing it this way round make much difference? If anything it's more fair, particularly for games later in the season. Instead of having to go to the three immediately prior to that match, you just need enough loyalty points across the course of the season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
1) Let's get rid of great stadia, steady income, non-thieving owners, Championship and success potential.
2) Let's all go back to dilapidated stadia, League 2 mediocrity, thieving owners, near bankruptcy and death of the club, round trips to Gillingham, pouring rain with no roofs, so we can feel like part of the club.

No thanks, I'll take 1)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Need 60 for Liverpool, Leeds or Palace...

Only if they sell out to those with 60 points + before they go on general sale, which might be unlikely as most people will have either a ST or less than 60 points - how many others will have made their loyalty scheme points total upto 60 yet using a combination of the following purchases:
Home league game = 10 points
Away League game = 10 points
Home cup game = 20 points
away cup game = 10 points
seeing as we have played 3 home games, 2 home cup games and 2 away games (max points available = 90)

Tickets will go on general sale at 9 am on Monday the 5th September to anyone with a purchase history. - If you have a purchase history and are quick on the morning of the 5th, i reckon that you would be able to get tickets if people are prepared to try rather than dismiss their chances completely.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Yep abolish the loyalty points and at some undefined big game in the future imagine yourself sat in the stadium savouring the big match atmosphere. Bathseagull is in the seat to your right and the rattler to your left. Hmm I wonder if the game is on the telly ?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
1) Let's get rid of great stadia, steady income, non-thieving owners, Championship and success potential.
2) Let's all go back to dilapidated stadia, League 2 mediocrity, thieving owners, near bankruptcy and death of the club, round trips to Gillingham, pouring rain with no roofs, so we can feel like part of the club.

No thanks, I'll take 1)

Okay, tell me what you dislike most about football?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Only if they sell out to those with 60 points + before they go on general sale, which might be unlikely as most people will have either a ST or less than 60 points - how many others will have made their loyalty scheme points total upto 60 yet using a combination of the following purchases:
Home league game = 10 points
Away League game = 10 points
Home cup game = 20 points
away cup game = 10 points
seeing as we have played 3 home games, 2 home cup games and 2 away games (max points available = 90)

Tickets will go on general sale at 9 am on Monday the 5th September to anyone with a purchase history. - If you have a purchase history and are quick on the morning of the 5th, i reckon that you would be able to get tickets if people are prepared to try rather than dismiss their chances completely.

Ah yes that is far too logical, however after the 'not feeling part of the club anymore' bit he then said about loyalty points and not having enough to buy tickets. When pointed out to him that it is possible, the next excuse was 'can't afford it'. Logic isn't going to win on this one.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Right here goes...

I'm a bit worried that I'm falling out of love with the Albion. I've followed them for 20 years or so, through the end of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, all that. During this time, I've watched other clubs with their new stadia, higher ticket prices, impersonal relationships with fans etc. etc. and liked the fact that we weren't doing that.

And now I've got this horrible feeling that we are losing something as we take these massive strides forward. I can't shake this feeling that i just don't feel part of it - for example, I've got 10 loyalty points so how the hell am I going to get a home ticket?

Nature of the beast I suppose - if you don't move forward you die in this game and we nearly did the latter so I'll take the former anyday. Suppose the way I support them is changing? No more Tuesday nights on a terrace for 10 notes, which for me is a shame.

Just me?

I completely understand what you are saying, when a club is struggling, you feel like they need you more, you feel like your part of it, when you become a big club your just some one sitting in the stands.

On the other hand Brighton are a great club and you along with many others have made them what they have become, i love it.:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here