Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we losing something?

tooting2

Mar 26, 2011
lancing
re read the very first e mail of this long thread before replying.....when does it say not in love as you say and why then use it as a chance to tell everyoner what games you have and have not been too ?

suggest you read the original thread where he clearly states im afraid of falling out of love with the albion

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
A season ticket was an absolute must this season. £32 a month for the North.
Also, you get to play a fun game - guessing what day of the month the club will take the money :guitar:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still wish they would have pay at the gate for matches that aren't sold out. Cash doesn't seem to be a problem for the catering side of things, but if the club didn't want to have large amounts of cash, they could do it by plastic only.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still wish they would have pay at the gate for matches that aren't sold out. Cash doesn't seem to be a problem for the catering side of things, but if the club didn't want to have large amounts of cash, they could do it by plastic only.

Not allowing pay on the gate, has nothing to do with cash. It's a stipulation of the planning approval, as was the case at Withdean.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Right here goes...

I'm a bit worried that I'm falling out of love with the Albion. I've followed them for 20 years or so, through the end of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, all that. During this time, I've watched other clubs with their new stadia, higher ticket prices, impersonal relationships with fans etc. etc. and liked the fact that we weren't doing that.

And now I've got this horrible feeling that we are losing something as we take these massive strides forward. I can't shake this feeling that i just don't feel part of it - for example, I've got 10 loyalty points so how the hell am I going to get a home ticket?

Nature of the beast I suppose - if you don't move forward you die in this game and we nearly did the latter so I'll take the former anyday. Suppose the way I support them is changing? No more Tuesday nights on a terrace for 10 notes, which for me is a shame.

Just me?

Love'd the old days-but we move with the times,i would say this is the most pleased i have ever been to follow the Albion-

cdargonne

brighton seagirl
Mar 1, 2009
sussex
I would like to change tac a little... I have always followed brighton and spent 2 years going to most games at Gillingham before going to a Withdean STH. Most of my friends are 'fantasy fans' armchair fans whatever you want to call them and I always used to say the vibe atmosphere is different at Brighton and I used to say I would never want to get into the prem as I was worried the atmosphere would change, too many foreign players etc etc etc...
well... this is THE most excited I have been about the club!! we are going places and it is exciting... We have good local players mixed with international players and other english players who are superb!!! (nooney, bridcutt etc)......... But there is a part of me like Bathy that wanders about the future. i dont want the club to be some fancy pants prem team with overpaid players (none of them english!) and a different buzz about it.....
I dont think this will happen for 3 reasons:
1. we have the history of the last 15 years which will ensure our club/fight will always be more than just football
2. we dont seem to want to give in to players demands for high wages etc..
3. I dont care Im still in the 'I am dreaming' stages of the clubs new future!!!
exciting times, great stadium and bring on the next month of games!! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here