Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we losing something?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Right here goes...

I'm a bit worried that I'm falling out of love with the Albion. I've followed them for 20 years or so, through the end of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, all that. During this time, I've watched other clubs with their new stadia, higher ticket prices, impersonal relationships with fans etc. etc. and liked the fact that we weren't doing that.

And now I've got this horrible feeling that we are losing something as we take these massive strides forward. I can't shake this feeling that i just don't feel part of it - for example, I've got 10 loyalty points so how the hell am I going to get a home ticket?

Nature of the beast I suppose - if you don't move forward you die in this game and we nearly did the latter so I'll take the former anyday. Suppose the way I support them is changing? No more Tuesday nights on a terrace for 10 notes, which for me is a shame.

Just me?

there is a solution

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/page/Home

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...I can't shake this feeling that i just don't feel part of it - for example, I've got 10 loyalty points so how the hell am I going to get a home ticket?

do you mean, "i cant get a ticket for the big game"? you would rather go back to withdean, 8k capacity and *no* loyalty points leading to a simple binfest/7am queue at the shop for the Carling Cup Liverpool tickets, and the only reason you can get them being no one want to go to that shithole?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hereford away couple of years ago. Might have been a bit more than a tenner but you get the point.

Not really, no. You want your football to be like THAT? Every week?

As others have said, try Crawley. Or Lewes. Or Bath.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Nope, I am with you on this. I am loving the shiny new Albion, but I dont think it will ever be like it was before. Fans close to the players and management - it felt like we were part of the club and not just its customers.

But that said, you have to move with the times, and I love every moment of things at the minute - however, i will miss the way things were before as well.
Yep.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
We didn't you buy a season ticket? Everyone was given a chance to buy one. Obviously people didn't think there would be such a demand. A limited amount of tickets are made available for home games. No one else to blame.

I now live in NW London and couldn't commit to the monthly DD and round trip travel every other week or so. I knew the demand would be huge but hoped more might be done to allow on the day sales. It started well but now I'm screwed...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Still, TWO Albion games live on telly within three days in a couple of weeks' time.

Ah, don't tell me: you hate Sky too...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I now live in NW London and couldn't commit to the monthly DD and round trip travel every other week or so. I knew the demand would be huge but hoped more might be done to allow on the day sales. It started well but now I'm screwed...

I live in NW London, managed not to miss a home weekend match (with season ticket) so far. Even more reason to be able to get to the Amex than living in Bath.

Oct 25, 2003
who doesn't want their club to do the best it can?

it's not like we're backed by some foreign sugar daddy with no connection to the club- which i would feel a tad uneasy about

we've progressed SO MUCH in the last couple of years it's almost unreal

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Not really, no. You want your football to be like THAT? Every week?

As others have said, try Crawley. Or Lewes. Or Bath.

As I said, I'll always support the Albion thanks.
But I just can't ignore the fact that I feel differently about them right now and the way I follow them is going to have to change.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'll give you a little tip on how to get home tickets, but don't tell anyone because it's top secret. What you have to do is check Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures every few days until it tells you when tickets for the next home game will be on sale. Again, this is top secret information, so please keep it to yourself. Once we enter the period that allows tickets to be sold on general sale (every single game so far) what you need to do is click on 'buy tickets' and enter the exact same number that is on the plastic rectangular thing that lives in your wallet. Hopefully you should be able to manage this (most people of below average intelligence can) and then you will be sent this thing called a 'ticket' in the post. If you take this to the Amex on the day of the game and place it in the ticket reader machine, it should permit you entry to the stadium. Again, this is highly classified information, so please don't share this with anyone. Once inside you should find 20,000 other people who, like you, worked out an ingenious way to beat this undeniably near-impossible system. Good luck.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'll give you a little tip on how to get home tickets, but don't tell anyone because it's top secret. What you have to do is check Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures every few days until it tells you when tickets for the next home game will be on sale. Again, this is top secret information, so please keep it to yourself. Once we enter the period that allows tickets to be sold on general sale (every single game so far) what you need to do is click on 'buy tickets' and enter the exact same number that is on the plastic rectangular thing that lives in your wallet. Hopefully you should be able to manage this (most people of below average intelligence can) and then you will be sent this thing called a 'ticket' in the post. If you take this to the Amex on the day of the game and place it in the ticket reader machine, it should permit you entry to the stadium. Again, this is highly classified information, so please don't share this with anyone. Once inside you should find 20,000 other people who, like you, worked out an ingenious way to beat this undeniably near-impossible system. Good luck.

Can't stand sarcasm, but in this case I think it may well be deserved.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm also a 10 pointer , the future is blue and white. There will still be home games which will go on general sale with no points minimum , less popular away games and the possibility of "borrowing" a ST smartcard if someone trusts you with it if they go on holiday. :laugh:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ffs Commander, everyone can see that you know. they'll all be at it now :facepalm:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Right here goes...

I'm a bit worried that I'm falling out of love with the Albion. I've followed them for 20 years or so, through the end of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, all that. During this time, I've watched other clubs with their new stadia, higher ticket prices, impersonal relationships with fans etc. etc. and liked the fact that we weren't doing that.

And now I've got this horrible feeling that we are losing something as we take these massive strides forward. I can't shake this feeling that i just don't feel part of it - for example, I've got 10 loyalty points so how the hell am I going to get a home ticket?

Nature of the beast I suppose - if you don't move forward you die in this game and we nearly did the latter so I'll take the former anyday. Suppose the way I support them is changing? No more Tuesday nights on a terrace for 10 notes, which for me is a shame.

Just me?

The fact you can't pay to go on a terrace has nothing to do with the club as the decision to have all seater stadium was taken at a national level, unfortunately it has always been the case that a seat will cost more than being able to stand at a game.

With regards to loyalty points, you should be able to get tickets for most games, both home and away if you are quick when they go on general sale. There will be only a few very high demand games where it would be harder to get a ticket, but the more games you attend, the more points you will get and the further up the priority scale you will move. Unfortunately, when demand outstrips supply, everyone can't go. I was a STH at Withdean but couldn't get a ticket for West Ham or Spurs when we played them a few seasons ago, it didn't mean i felt excluded by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here