Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we as good as I think we are?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
EAFCF90E-3960-4791-9EA9-1B7CB40D0F50.jpg

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I haven't had time to read previous comments so apologies if it has already been said....

Tony Bloom's stated medium term ambition is to nurture the club to regularly reach top ten status; no more, no less.

I think we are approaching that level; no better, no worse.

.... and in the meantime we are playing beautiful football and accumulating fans throughout the footballing world.

... not bad!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On our day we are very good. We can go toe to toe with almost every team in this league. It's great to see as we don't play with fear like we used to. If anything teams fear us and I think that was reflected last night in how big a win that felt for Fulham - we should take that as a huge compliment.

However, we don't have the luxury of having an off day and still getting things go our way. We don't have the individuals to compensate for 2 or 3 players having an off day at the same time. It's frustrating because you are very good one minute, then 3 days later you look a bit ordinary.

Couldn't fault the players for effort, desire and determination to try to force themselves back into the game last night, just didn't work. They have to pick themselves up for a few days, forget that one and mentally prepare for being back on it on Sunday.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
we are about as good as we were last season. ranked anywhere between 8th and 15th in my book.

Play a blinder then play a sh*tshow. Its the way we are.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No, no we aren't as good as some people on here think we are ( or should be).

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Football innit.

Sometimes we'll play well and sometimes we won't.

It's funny in a way, because I know this isn't true, but it's almost as if we're allergic to being top.

Choked the Championship with three games to go.
Choked the first chance to lead the Premier League (for a day or whatever).
Choked the second chance to lead the Premier League (for a day or whatever).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
46 people on an ignore list on a message board haha

I'm not sure if thats genuine list or someone elses but maybe the people on that are not a problem if there is that many

as for the thread , we are good enough to compete for top half again I suspect

Need a striker though

It's a long story which has been explained. If you don't get it you won't get it.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Was just thinking about this thread I created and about how things change pretty quickly in terms of management. I'd kind of resigned myself on the back of Potter leaving that we were done for the season and top 10 would be an achievement. After the last few games I have that uncomfortable twitch again. Beat Villa and it's going to get worse isn't it?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
No, because we all think we are awesome and Godlike.
However, atm at least we’re fcking good!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
After the city game i went on bluemoon forum and the matchday thread, there was alot of City fans saying how good we were, and at times we were outplaying them, they wdre very complimentry on how good our players actually are, and think that we are the best passing team in the Premier league. They are also impressed along with other teams fans, how we are run and our scouting of young players and new manager.

el punal

Well, we’re 6th in the Premier League with a third of the season gone shows that we’re doing okay in the brilliance stakes I suppose. To be honest, with Potter et al going to the London asset strippers, I thought we’d struggle. Apart from the three games against Spurs, Brentford and Forest De Zerbi has definitely made an impression, and boy, does it show. The introduction of our younger players like Enciso and Sarmiento, the experience and influence shown by Lallana and Welbeck, and the leadership qualities of Lewis Dunk indicate that we are on an upward and positive trajectory. Some heart in the mouth stuff sometimes but it sure is exciting to watch.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We are A LOT better than most of the Sky Six + Newcastle pundits realise. When Potter left the/my mojo was awful, but Tony may have just unearthed a real gem in DeZerbi. Disrupting the 'big' boys and finishing above Chelsea please.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We are an exceptionally well run club. The fact we can lose our manager who has brought us our highest ever finish and replace him with our number 1 target and within a month during the season look like we have made significant strides in improvement is a real sign of promise.

We are not world beaters but should have another great season. I think to move to the next level we need to have a more competitive squad with multiple players for each position, however that is counter to our plan of developing players from the academy which as a gamble is low risk but potential high reward

I love it

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here