Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we as good as I think we are?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Seems a long time ago since watching the likes of Munday, Minton and FDM.

Yet I sit here after watching the tail-end of last season a decent pre-season and our first few games thinking (perhaps optimistically and naively) that I havent seen many better coached sides than us.

I'm struggling to think of many squads who adapt tactically so effortlessly and optimally; and I mean, ever.

I've been one of those who pointed to the quality of coaching even when going on those long winless streaks but it seems as a squad the capability to execute has improved.

I'm really not one to get carried away usually but this team and these performances are pushing me to the uncomfortable position of considering European football next season.

European football. For a team like us.

So, is this just hyperbole? Or is anyone else sensing something special about to happen?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Yet I sit here after watching the tail-end of last season a decent pre-season and our first few games thinking (perhaps optimistically and naively) that I havent seen many better coached sides than us.

I'm struggling to think of many squads who adapt tactically so effortlessly and optimally; and I mean, ever.

I've been one of those who pointed to the quality of coaching even when going on those long winless streaks but it seems as a squad the capability to execute has improved.

I'm really not one to get carried away usually but this team and these performances are pushing me to the uncomfortable position of considering European football next season.

So, is this just hyperbole? Or is anyone else sensing something special about to happen?

Counting and chickens come to mind. it's happening, if not this season ...then soon

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nope. Not that good.

And when Brighton lose three or four games in a row at some point, the team also won't be as bad as some will think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

It WAS a long time ago

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No we're not that good and we definitely, definitely aren't going to be getting European football this season. I hereby cancel out this jinx and it's null and void, footballing gods.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Moises Caceido. Since his involvement in the side we have been on a fantastic run something like 27 points from 12 starts

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hesitate to say it but yes. We have looked as good as any team this season and much better than most. Of course it may and probably will go pear shaped but we are one of the best and most attractive teams in the country at the moment

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
No we're not that good and we definitely, definitely aren't going to be getting European football this season. I hereby cancel out this jinx and it's null and void, footballing gods.

Steady!
We'll be alright once we get the coca cola kid in, we'll be able to secure our league status

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Give it a run of bad games you won’t feel the same. Enjoy it but don’t let it get to your head too much.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
After 3 games last year we had six points, and I was very pleased. We had played Everton, Burnley, Watford

Seven points from the Manchester, Newcastle and West Ham United is something else.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
After 3 games last year we had six points, and I was very pleased. We had played Everton, Burnley, Watford

Seven points from the Manchester, Newcastle and West Ham United is something else.

As I've said, we haven't played anyone in form(very good)

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Should be a good match next week. My big hope is that we emerge unscathed - I get the impression that Ted Lasso riles up Dirty to really "kick some ass"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here