Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we as good as I think we are?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Having supported the club for a while i find it difficult to get out of the mind-set that disaster is probably only just around the corner. In reality, we’re much better than I’m allowing my self to think we are. I should probably get counselling but I’m too busy worrying about how quickly we’ll get to 40 points.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Ok, toon arabia playing well, but thats at home. When we start to carve teams up at home, I'll concede we're very, very good

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think after watching Albion for over 50 years this is definitely the best team we have ever had , and play some of the best football I have ever seen , they are a very good team

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
This is the best Albion team there has ever been. We arent going to win the league, we arent going to get Champions League football, but we could win a cup and we could get into the Europa or Conference League if we continue to play like this.

Some realism here, because I'm a miserable bugger. Enjoy it while its happening and don't take these performances for granted, we will eventually revert back to lower PL/Championship.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tonight is a brilliant night for being very happy with the albion.

Yes, we are good.

:albion2:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ok, toon arabia playing well, but thats at home. When we start to carve teams up at home, I'll concede we're very, very good

A week ago we were feeling frustrated - pleased but frustrated - at outplaying Toon for most of the match and not beating them, particularly as we had the chances to do it and Pope was MOTM.

Today they gave Citeh a good run for their money! We’re doing alright! We are only three games in, though.

As Graham says this team is getting better and better. Yes, we'll lose some and have some poor games but i get the feeling that we won't have the 6 game losing run or 11 game winless run. That's where we have improved and will continue to improve providing of course we can keep our best players.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Incredibly Burnley finished 7th only 4 years ago and got European football. Wolves and Fulham also made it in the last few years.

Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be aiming for that.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Best team football I've seen us play in my 59 years watching.
Even misery guts Moyes admitted we were the better side today.

The longest odds you can get for a top 6 finish is 6/1 !!
I think a small wager is called for.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
A week ago we were feeling frustrated - pleased but frustrated - at outplaying Toon for most of the match and not beating them, particularly as we had the chances to do it and Pope was MOTM.

Today they gave Citeh a good run for their money! We’re doing alright! We are only three games in, though.

That's my point, I'm loving it but we're only three games in!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant….. what a day to give up glue sniffing though.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I can't remember exactly when we heard the club's five year plan (to achieve a top ten finish). But I'm pretty sure it wasn't as long as five years ago.
The publicly stated objective, until this season, has always been survival.

As we have already achieved that first five year goal of a top ten finish, it seems entirely reasonable to expect another five year plan to have been made. The next logical goal that Tony Bloom would have set the club, is European football. I completely understand why this isn't in the public domain - to stop any distractions or pressure from the media. But I just can't countenance any scenario in which the executive would have rested on their laurels, and would not have made that their next target, representing a milestone for the club.

Given that we remain a work in progress, I believe this is a matter of 'when' and not 'if'.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I can't remember exactly when we heard the club's five year plan (to achieve a top ten finish). But I'm pretty sure it wasn't as long as five years ago.
The publicly stated objective, until this season, has always been survival.

As we have already achieved that first five year goal of a top ten finish, it seems entirely reasonable to expect another five year plan to have been made. The next logical goal that Tony Bloom would have set the club, is European football. I completely understand why this isn't in the public domain - to stop any distractions or pressure from the media. But I just can't countenance any scenario in which the executive would have rested on their laurels, and would not have made that their next target, representing a milestone for the club.

Given that we remain a work in progress, I believe this is a matter of 'when' and not 'if'.

As much as i would love to see this i still can't see it happening ( although before i die i would love to see us play in Europe ). The top 6 will become the top 7 in a few years time which will make it harder to qualify via the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here