Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are cyclists a different breed to the rest of us?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
"Blaming" cyclists and getting annoyed with them as a breed for being somehow gratuitously negligent for not wearing high vis vests and straps etc in the daytime gets right on my wick. Just take your time and look properly. What's the rush? My mate suggested this to me. He is the shattest driver in the world. ��

In reply to your hi viz comment.
Have you driven along the C7 Newhaven to Kingston/ Lewes road ? If you are not familiar with the C7 it has lots of trees and bushes either side, on a dull day I can see a cyclist that wears hi viz/ or bright clothing much earlier than one wearing black/ dark clothing.

Old saying, be safe, be seen.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well this has been terrific, see you all next year

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
trouble is with this whole debate is the "accountability" issue......40 years ago most people were quite sensible on the roads , today they are not , cars are faster bikes are faster and there are far more of both about , everything has "improved" ( questionable) better cars, bikes and roads , trouble is that most peoples attitudes towards other road-users of any kind are simply shocking......imho.???

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yes, especially here.
I think it's just an excuse to wear Lycra, or the law.
I walked past a small cafe in a village over here and saw five blokes clad in cycling Lycra sitting round a table, though I could only see one bike outside?
Groupies?

Did the bike look like this?

194_img031_1.jpg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Do you overtake motorized vehicles doing your 25mph that are actually conforming to the many 20mph speed limits in the town, or do you conform to the same speed limits?

Speed limits only apply to motorised vehicles but you can be done for wanton or furious cycling.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll admit to not being a fan of the lycra-clad brigade either, having to avoid them repeatedly on the pavements of Worthing when I am out running.

I know they'll be a very small minority of cyclists, but I'm happy to hate them all as a whole. It's easier than trying to segment them into distinct groups.

I've given that a thumbs up as I can only assume it is a joke, it's that odd.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Cyclist are no more "a breed" than Brighton fans are!

I imagine many of us would be appalled to be lumped in with some of the people on NSC. Likewise there are plonkers on bikes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here