Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are cyclists a different breed to the rest of us?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It is a shame how regularly NSC gets embroidered in these pointless negative finger pointing threads that go nowhere.

It has been so refreshing to read some of the positive comments on here.
Imagine a whole thread like it.
These are not pointless threads thank you very much stat!
e77cea63b1933a98ac7212804b318b0d08a0eab8671cc76cf714eb01ef39ef8f.jpg

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don't think I have ever been in George Street in Hove when there hasn't been a cyclist riding up the road the wrong way at the wrong time of day. Overall I reckon that there are more poor cyclists than good ones. Those who ride with cameras on need to be good ones for their own sakes!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't think I have ever been in George Street in Hove when there hasn't been a cyclist riding up the road the wrong way at the wrong time of day. Overall I reckon that there are more poor cyclists than good ones. Those who ride with cameras on need to be good ones for their own sakes!

fd93574e6ba687f7c510978dc7e15499b9d09254da33db0d9cfaa1c6c67a9632.jpg

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I've started cycling to work, have become interested in the tour (over the past 3/4 years), and have just bought a road bike to start being able to go out on longer rides.

The old man has been into cycling for YEARS (Lands end - John 'o'Groats etc) and all that jargon. So i quite like the fact its something we both enjoy alongside football.

I find cycling on the road FAR safer than the cycle lanes, certainly on my route. Partly because of the c*nts that continue to walk in them, and also because of the fact they rarely direct me the correct way, or indeed suddenly dissapear.

Your route is not the A22 then. This road is very narrow and is jam packed with huge lorries/farm tractors of all sizes/every size of van & thousands of cars.And yet we have come across dozy ##### like yourself who appear to not want to use a cycle lane a metre away coz it's not cool.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Notice how that guy's clearly not a cyclist but is probably raising thousands for charity, what a scumbag.

Come on Notters we all know of the good stuff done by cyclists. All we are saying is, some of them will end up under the wheels of a motor vehicle when a YARD away is a dedicated lane.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just an observation, the only cyclists that ignore the lanes provided are always dressed like Armstrong wannbees.The bloke on the A22 coming into Lewes from Polegate for the last three weeks is a case in point.

Do you mean the A26? The only time I've cycled down there (heading east from Lewes towards middle Farm) there was a bloke with two toddlers wandering about all over the cycle lane. Seemed a very odd place to go for a stroll.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Come on Notters we all know of the good stuff done by cyclists. All we are saying is, some of them will end up under the wheels of a motor vehicle when a YARD away is a dedicated lane.

There are very few dedicated lanes. In fact the only one I can think of is on Brighton seafront which is full of pedestrians. There are plenty of shared-use lanes. It is against police advice for people cycling over 12mph (i.e. actual cyclists) to use these.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Do you mean the A26? The only time I've cycled down there (heading east from Lewes towards middle Farm) there was a bloke with two toddlers wandering about all over the cycle lane. Seemed a very odd place to go for a stroll.

Do you mean the A27? A26 goes from Lewes to Uckfield. :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've genuinely see more cars going the wrong way up one-way streets in Brighton than bikes. I saw one go all the way round the square at the bottom of Trafalgar Street the wrong way, and nearly got run over by another going northwards on Norfolk Road, which is one-way southwards.

People who break the speed limit piss me off, especially around Franklynns Village.
Perhaps I am lucky I have never seen a car going the wrong way up a 1 way street in Brighton as regards speeding in Franklynn Village I thought I had been clocked by a hidden camera but hadnt so heeded the warning?

2 speeding tickets in over 50 years driving for much of it 1500-2000 miles a week I think is pretty good although I dont do that in 3 or 4 months now.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Sorry Notters A27-----typing on phones is a nightmare:moo:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There are very few dedicated lanes. In fact the only one I can think of is on Brighton seafront which is full of pedestrians. There are plenty of shared-use lanes. It is against police advice for people cycling over 12mph (i.e. actual cyclists) to use these.

Logic doesn't work in arguments with idiots.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
"Blaming" cyclists and getting annoyed with them as a breed for being somehow gratuitously negligent for not wearing high vis vests and straps etc in the daytime gets right on my wick. Just take your time and look properly. What's the rush? My mate suggested this to me. He is the shattest driver in the world. 😄

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here