Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple Watch

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't see the point in wasting so much money on something so pointless. The good thing with watches is that they tell the time and you can choose between thousands of styles, to suit you. The Apple Watch can tell the time, and gives you the same style as every other idiot that buys one. Oh, with a different strap :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How are Apple watch sales going? This must be the first new Apple product where I've not actually seen anyone with the item, or seen any news or press. Are they selling well?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How are Apple watch sales going? This must be the first new Apple product where I've not actually seen anyone with the item, or seen any news or press. Are they selling well?

Not seen any news or press? There's been loads - even in your beloved Guardian: https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=site:www.guardian.co.uk+apple+watch

It sounds as though they will be available to buy in Apple Stores in the very near future which will give sales a boost, I'd imagine, as people will, for the first time, be able to buy on impulse. Seeing them in the store but then having to order online and wait weeks or months for delivery can't have helped sales. I probably would have bought one if I could have just got not there and then, even though I'm far from convinced.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not seen any news or press? There's been loads - even in your beloved Guardian: https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=site:www.guardian.co.uk+apple+watch

It sounds as though they will be available to buy in Apple Stores in the very near future which will give sales a boost, I'd imagine, as people will, for the first time, be able to buy on impulse. Seeing them in the store but then having to order online and wait weeks or months for delivery can't have helped sales. I probably would have bought one if I could have just got not there and then, even though I'm far from convinced.

The press has obviously passed me buy. This is the first Apple product I've not wanted so maybe subconsciously I've by passed articles.

As an aside, I have never worn a watch before, but rather oddly I have found myself browsing in windows at watches recently. I'm not sure why either.

What's the situation with IPads? I need a new one, should I wait or buy now?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's the situation with IPads? I need a new one, should I wait or buy now?

The refresh cycle seems to be pretty fixed nowadays so you're roughly mid-cycle but closer to the new one than the last release.

I'd hold on if I could but tablet innovation has really slowed down so you're unlikely to be missing out on to much by buying the current model.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The Watch is awesome. Much much better than my Pebble. Battery life is well over a day so no worry about charging during the day. The screen is incredible.

Get one.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The Watch is awesome. Much much better than my Pebble. Battery life is well over a day so no worry about charging during the day. The screen is incredible.

Get one.

A whole day, wow. I can't see the point of these myself, but one things for sure, if anyone can create a market for smart watches it's Apple.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm still not convinced by it, especially given the ludicrous prices they are charging. I quite like the LG G Watch R though, it actually looks like a watch.

lg-g-watch-r-6-640x468.jpg

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I wouldn't have known the iWatch was out if it wasn't for the NSC threads.

I've not seen any news, adverts nor met or seen a single person wearing one.
No friends are talking about it and I've not heard any conversations about it.

iPhones, iPads, Macbooks - Yes to all of the above.
iWatch - Radio silence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm still not convinced by it, especially given the ludicrous prices they are charging. I quite like the LG G Watch R though, it actually looks like a watch.

lg-g-watch-r-6-640x468.jpg

Presumably though, like most smart watches, when the watch isn't "active" there is no watch face and you have a blank black circle on your wrist?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Presumably though, like most smart watches, when the watch isn't "active" there is no watch face and you have a blank black circle on your wrist?

No, apparently the light dims slightly but you still get a display. The battery is pretty decent too, can last a couple of days. Not that I'm planning on buying one myself, it's just the best one I've seen so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here