Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple Watch

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I was going to order one but have gone off Apple big style. Wore my iPhone when out running a couple of weeks ago using an arm strap and sweat managed to get inside the screen. Took it to the Genius Bar and they wanted to charge £259 for a new screen.

I pointed out that they market the iPhone with the exercise apps as a sports device but was fobbed off big style.

The shop in Queens Road will replace your screen and clean the jizz out for a fraction of that price. £80 maybe?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've never seen an Apple advert on NSC.

Adverts that any particular person does see are predominantly based on other sites they have visited and Google searches they have made.

All that said, I don't believe Apple advertise with the Google ad network that populates ads on NSC. I'd be amazed if anyone saw an official Apple ad on NSC.

Fair enough, I apologise...
Been up since 5am with poorly child, could possibly be seeing things...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Do they come with a pair of glasses?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was going to order one but have gone off Apple big style. Wore my iPhone when out running a couple of weeks ago using an arm strap and sweat managed to get inside the screen. Took it to the Genius Bar and they wanted to charge £259 for a new screen.

I pointed out that they market the iPhone with the exercise apps as a sports device but was fobbed off big style.

Place ove rin Fishersgate changed the screen on my mini iPad for £70 i think phones are cheaper

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's nothing. I'm getting 50% off at Euro Car Parts. Stopped me still in my tracks.

Single Asians babes for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't wear a watch, never have done, so it's not really for me. But, I think it will a huge success.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
That's not true though. Everyone who received one yesterday will have pre-ordered online having never seen, touch nor worn one.

Anyone can go online now to order one. again having not seen one.

Fair enough. You can rest assured though that all Apple watch wearers will only now ever be seen in short sleeve shirts and when asked, "Is that an Apple watch?", will feign a humble look and mild disinterest before gleefully and comprehensively demonstrating its ever so many 'cool' features and attributes. I'm not an Apple lover, does it show? :lol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
image.jpg

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Having watched the Verge review I'm just not convinced there is much available on the watch I would use or find more convenient than using my iphone. I had a play with a watch in store and the screen seemed too small to do anything with ease.

Plus they are chunkier than you might think.

So overall i think I'll pass. I do think they are a good thing because they will sell millions and this will ensure that lots of apps get developed and hopefully someone will work out what this sort of watch will be most useful for. By then they will probably have V2 on the way. I would think that it won't be long before they can reduce the thickness of the watch and it will start looking more like a normal watch rather than a block.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So has anyone on NSC got one and care to share there experiences

My brother has one.

I had a glance at it a couple of weeks ago. Some elements of it are very clever, and have their uses (the fitness app removes the need for a separate device like a FitBit, Jawbone, Nike thing etc for example) . There aren't enough useful features to make me want to go out and spend a few hundred quid on it though. The user interface isn't nearly as friendly as an iPhone- he would agree with this- and a number of functions we take for granted on the phone are a bit of a pain in the arse on the watch. It tells him to get off his backside and stand up regularly too, as part of the fitness app thing. Which he says is annoying. I guess there is probably a way to turn that off though. Battery life seems to be alright, contrary to popular expectation, primarily as you're not really fiddling with it all day like you might with a phone.

He's acquired his through his job and his opinion of it is that, while he quite likes it, he wouldn't go out and buy one himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here