Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Applauding away team players!!

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
I know (although don't understand why) that i'll be in the minority here but, Applauding away team players?!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, Steve G warming up, West stand lower Applauded. Steve G comes onto the pitch and the whole ground Applauded.

I personally think he's a great player, for the pool and for England, probably the best over the last 10 years. But, do we really need to be Applauding him? We're supposed to be in battle, he's the enemy!! Whats next, Applauding when he scores against us?! Letting him have a little go on your missus!! Bloody hell!!!!

I'm not suggesting we boo but should we really be making the effort to Applaud?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Enemy? No. Opposition? Yes. Applaud? Why not?

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
It's Steven Gerrard, jesus christ the man is a footballing legend, he's done so much for this country I think he deserves at least a round of applause?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
This was truly a f***ing joke when the man received ten times the applause of our subs put together.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
To be fair he has been England captain. If he wasn't English I am sure he would not have got such a round of applause.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
It was great to see the Liverpool fans applauding when the crowd figure was read out. Say what you like about them, they are football through and through, with a heritage to only dream about :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was great to see the Liverpool fans applauding when the crowd figure was read out. Say what you like about them, they are football through and through, with a heritage to only dream about :thumbsup:

Every team's done that this season. Let's not roll out the old myth about Liverpool fans somehow being different and special again.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton

They applauded when we were applauding them for their turnout not for our attendance I thought.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I agree completely with the OP. Absolutely ridiculous. Who cares if he is/was England's captain, this was Brighton v Liverpool, not England v Germany.......I honestly couldn't believe it and when the clapping had stopped I shouted PLASTICS!

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
It's Steven Gerrard, jesus christ the man is a footballing legend, he's done so much for this country I think he deserves at least a round of applause?

He's done so much for this country? What?? Do they Applaud him in Manchester? Leeds? Turkey?....

I'm not talking about disrespecting him.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

I agree with you otk, Also at the end when Noone applauded them, a lot of them clapped him back and seemed to appreciate how good a game he had. I respect Liverpool fans, as they don't seem to bother with having a pop at the opposition, but sing for their own boys. I thought the rendition of The fields of Anfield Road was class. Whilst we are on the subject, am I the only one who thinks that the North Stand giving their GK the whooooaaa your shit ha ha, makes us sound like a tin pot outfit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here