Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Applauding away team players!!

gratefulred

Sep 22, 2011
How sweet. I was really worried about what the great liverpool thought... honest I really do give a fook. What a soft lad

I'm sorry if I came across as patronising, it wasn't meant. What I wished to express was almost a sense of relief that I managed to visit the ground of a football club whose fans don't get their chants from Soccer AM, who don't spend the entire match berating opposition fans and players and who also seem to have a genuine -"a defeat would ruin my week" -passion for the club. I went to Exeter in the 2nd round and found pretty much the opposite.

I also have a lot of time for Gus Poyet. He always got a cracking reception at Anfield when he was with Spurs and Chelsea mainly because he was a superb player but also because he was a genuinely nice guy. He's got you playing quality football and I would love to see Brighton in the premiership. Not because I'm being patronising it's because I enjoyed my visit yesterday. Well worth the petrol. Fingers crossed you get up and you'll experience the same at Anfield. I hope I'm not patronising you further by saying I'll watch out for your results and be rooting for you all the way. Apart from Istanbul, I've only enjoyed one away trip more and that was Inter Milan at the San Siro and that lot tried to stab us after the game!

Best of luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here