Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone ever seen a ghost?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Stick around with me I've had one very close UFO sighting and four paranormal (ghost) experiences. People thought the Earth was flat and that we were the centre of the Universe 200 years ago, they were very very wrong!!

No civlisation has ever thought the world was flat.

As a child i kept a gerbil that likely dreamt of another world and snapped its neck between the bars of its cage on attempted escape. It wasn't allowed into animal heaven thanks to their over-strict belief it were suicide that brought him there. At first, as a big-toothed and lonely nibbler in limbo, he'd rustle up his mostly untouchable body in my pockets that i found little more than ticklish on occasion. I first noticed him fully when i witnessed a 5 pence piece floating in front of me that of course i found alarming and more dreamy than real, until Terry, as i grew to know him, squeaked his recognisable little howl and i knew it was him, my precious little missing gerbil with the invisible body and the wish to either be brought back to life or sent permanently to the other side. 15 years it took us with escapade after escapade, even the time when Gerbilzebub, the satanic cornflake-swallower appeared, horns no more than an inch in height but sharp enough to split bones in two with one miniscule poke, to fool both Terry and i into sending him into a place all furry, caged pets fear the most, Hamstades, had to be defeated. I didn't make many friends until Terry left me and went on to where he likely belongs. And since only really associate with seancers who allow me to have his aphysical form back in my pockets to jangle whatever i have in there for moments before stomaching a coin or a tack or small ball of Blutac and parading it in front of me. I've had other pets too, but their deaths are too clean and straightforward. Even the one's i've whispered to in sleep over plans to end their days out of choice and take to the airwaves to squawk or miaow or oink throughout their afterlives in my direction. Now it's just me remembering and reminiscing solo as i don't really want Terry to be robbed from Heaven for too long a period just for my amusement. He's probably happy up there now, sometimes shaking his petite ghostly head at the things i don't any more get up.

MB - I wondered where you had got to?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
No civlisation has ever thought the world was flat.

Errr...... yes they did

"The Flat Earth model is a belief that the Earth's shape is a plane or disk. Most ancient cultures have had conceptions of a flat Earth, including Greece until the classical period, the Bronze Age and Iron Age civilizations of the Near East until the Hellenistic period, India until the Gupta period (early centuries AD) and China until the 17th century.[citation needed] It was also typically held in the aboriginal cultures of the Americas, and a flat Earth domed by the firmament in the shape of an inverted bowl is common in pre-scientific societies."

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4702430 said:
Before I click this, can someone tell me if it's one of those jumpy/screamy things :glare:

No it's not, gods honest.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
MB - I wondered where you had got to?

Today i took the day off of work and went for a jog early doors. The problem with this was that i suddenly felt in urgent need of a poo about 20 minutes gone. I was heading down Caledonian Road and thought perhaps Kings Cross might help me. And it did in ways. I ambled through the station, clenched and anxious, and took a ten pound note from my account, via a cashpoint, just in case. When i approached the gentleman's i saw the sign saying "30p Entry" and a cash machine stood dormant by the stairs. I gently placed my tenner there and in it was sucked, only for a wild variety of coins to be flung back out at me. I was thankful for it as it enabled me to unload squirtily, but also annoyed as i had another 40 minutes to run but with £9.70 of loose change now jangling so loudly with my every step. I am not a stalker or a ninja, but i am not a fan of everyone knowing where i am or seeing me coming, but with so much metal being scraped on my person they all turned around to see me and what i was up to. I made it home in the end, but i suppose learnt that for all future runs i should have 30p in my pocket for safety's sake. A 20 and a 10 in two different pockets so i can generally remain anonymous in public.
Then i had a nap after finishing another episode of Everybody Loves Raymond.
What about you?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I haven't seen a ghost, but back in the early 90's my wife and i lived in a flat in Bembridge street and she woke up one night to see a hooded figure looking right in my face. She said i was lying on my back and this thing was staring in my face and it was very close to me. She also saw it standing at the bottom of the bed on another night. Frightened the fooking life out of me and i never saw it. She wouldn't lie so there must have been something or she had been on the cider again. Since then i always sleep with the hall light on even though we moved to Saltdean a few years later :eek:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Can't say that I have seen one.

One thing though, has an atheist ever seen a ghost... surely that could confuse his/her views on life (or death)???????

This was in The Guardian over Xmas, Brian Cox and Robin Ince Q and A thingy.....

If three spirits appeared before you on Christmas eve, what would they have to show you to change your beliefs?

Robin Them just being there is enough. You look at them and go, "Yes, there they are, the talking dead." They don't have to say anything. And they go, "Oh, we will take you on a journey." No. It's fine. You've done it.

Brian It's my view that the existence of ghosts would contravene the second law of thermodynamics. The principle of the conservation of energy, and the fact that entropy always increases; you'd be hard put to throw that away. You'd have to rip the book up; that's what it would imply if you saw a ghost. I would say, "I could not be any more surprised than I am by the fact that thermodynamics appears to be shit."

Sums it up nicely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here