Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else notice the pitch has moved??

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Sorry, but I don't believe that. I have compared photos I took at the Donny game and last night.
The south goal line looks to be in exactly the same place.
It may have moved slightly, but no more that a few inches.

Judging by those pics the pitch it hasnt moved an inch (just by looking at the corner flag and its line to the stairs) so it must be the numbers.

Far more importantly as i think this is amazing; Everest how come you took the same 2 pics a year apart in exactly the same direction and angle?

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Something could definitely be seen, there seems to be what looks like a strip of astro-turf behind the goal at the South end now that never used to be there, I thought for a bit it looked like the old layout but it looked like it had been laid to fill the gap where the pitch 'looks to have moved' Northwards.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
It's not the seat numbers, I am the same amount of seats in from the steps (only about 5) than I was last year. I agree Everest's photos look convincing, but I am not convinced, as I said a number of people around me agreed. And yes how did you take those two pics a season apart!! Impressive!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Far more importantly as i think this is amazing; Everest how come you took the same 2 pics a year apart in exactly the same direction and angle?

Just in case somebody would think that the pitch had been moved.

Actually, the pics were cropped from photos of the east stand to show the changes made. Both taken from my seat.
Nothing sinister.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sorry, but I don't believe that. I have compared photos I took at the Donny game and last night.
The south goal line looks to be in exactly the same place.
It may have moved slightly, but no more that a few inches.

The white seagull seats have moved along a block from South to North in the East lower, since the Chelsea game. Presumably because they are now away fan seats and they looked odd directly below the seagull in the new East upper.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Were sat in W1A and last season we were just in front of the South Stand end goal line, this season we are now sat behind the goal line!!? The whole pitch has been moved towards the North Stand, a considerable distance too, I guess it's because of some extra rows that have been put in at the front of the South Stand?? I was happy to renew my ST but no one told me the view was going to be worse than last year! The other end is (North Stand) goal is much further away.
A bit agrieved about this tbh.

Yes I noticed to my delight. I was slightly north of the halfwayline in WSU but now I'm bang on it. Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here