Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else notice the pitch has moved??

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Were sat in W1A and last season we were just in front of the South Stand end goal line, this season we are now sat behind the goal line!!? The whole pitch has been moved towards the North Stand, a considerable distance too, I guess it's because of some extra rows that have been put in at the front of the South Stand?? I was happy to renew my ST but no one told me the view was going to be worse than last year! The other end is (North Stand) goal is much further away.
A bit agrieved about this tbh.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Hadnt noticed this tbh. Im in the north end of East Stand, fantastic view.

COntact the club - see if they can confirm - would be interesting

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I guess it's because of some extra rows that have been put in at the front of the South Stand?? I was happy to renew my ST but no one told me the view was going to be worse than last year! The other end is (North Stand) goal is much further away.

I doubt that very very much. So your view is worse with the pitch being moved a yard or two? Shame

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep from the north it looked like it's moved away slightly from us so they must have trimmed 2/3 yds of the total length, cracking looking ground now with the extra seats and very entertaining first game - more of the same style Gus please.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Yep from the north it looked like it's moved away slightly from us so they must have trimmed 2/3 yds of the total length, cracking looking ground now with the extra seats and very entertaining first game - more of the same style Gus please.

So total length has changed, interesting, thought Gus was chuffed with the pitch as big as was allowed, fair enough tho. Agreed, place looks amazing.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
The view of the North goal must be so much worse being 101yds away instead of 100. Maybe you could ask for a 1% refund?

lol! What is worse is the view of the goal in front of us, but there you go. I did title this "Anyone else notice....." and not "Please reply with sarcastic sympathy"!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I was told my seat would be dead in line with the half way line in the ESU. The half way line is infact 5 or 6 seats to the North of me. So that would fit in with what the OP has said.

Do i care?

Not really.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
lol! What is worse is the view of the goal in front of us, but there you go. I did title this "Anyone else notice....." and not "Please reply with sarcastic sympathy"!

Sorry, couldnt resist. To answer your question, I am in line with the south 6yd box in WSU and didn't notice any difference last night. I'll look a little more closely on Saturday.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Were sat in W1A and last season we were just in front of the South Stand end goal line, this season we are now sat behind the goal line!!? The whole pitch has been moved towards the North Stand, a considerable distance too,

Sorry, but I don't believe that. I have compared photos I took at the Donny game and last night.
The south goal line looks to be in exactly the same place.
It may have moved slightly, but no more that a few inches.

Attachments

• Cardiff.jpg
    Cardiff.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Donny.jpg
    Donny.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Were sat in W1A and last season we were just in front of the South Stand end goal line, this season we are now sat behind the goal line!!? The whole pitch has been moved towards the North Stand, a considerable distance too, I guess it's because of some extra rows that have been put in at the front of the South Stand?? I was happy to renew my ST but no one told me the view was going to be worse than last year! The other end is (North Stand) goal is much further away.
A bit agrieved about this tbh.

Are you sure you haven't moved seats? :flounce:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
they have definitely moved the blue trim around the pitch with "American Express Community Stadium" though. From my seat at the back of the West Stand Upper, I could not see this last year, but now its perfectly visible.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
they have definitely moved the blue trim around the pitch with "American Express Community Stadium" though. From my seat at the back of the West Stand Upper, I could not see this last year, but now its perfectly visible.

and have put in a gun emplacement in which they are currently positioning a cameraman til the 16 pounder turns up ....

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Yes, they were painting that on Thursday when I did a stadium tour.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
I was told my seat would be dead in line with the half way line in the ESU. The half way line is infact 5 or 6 seats to the North of me. So that would fit in with what the OP has said.
The half-way line has not been moved, or at least not any perceptible distance and certainly not by the distance of 5 or 6 seats.
Unless, of course my seat has also been moved, but I don't think that it has cos it is still exactly dead in line with the halfway line which is precisely where it was last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here