[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just worked out I’ve seen us score 4 goals in my last 9 home games (I missed Brentford)
2 of those were pens
1 was an own goal
1 was a set piece (header)
So not one goal in open play in 9 home games except Brentford
Didn’t cancel my season ticket but my god I’m bored of going to home games

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
D’oh.

So what would happen if I decided in say 2-3 months that I did want to give it up for the season? What’s the protocol?

Good question.

It seems ridiculous to me that the renewal date is so early. Other clubs allow renewals after the season has ended.

They seem to have you locked into the DD for the season, but what could they do if you cancelled it? I don't know. They can't be legally entitled to your money...You'd probably end up on the banned list.

In previous seasons, with the long waiting list, changing your mind the other way, and deciding you wanted one after all, would also not be an option. However, if I change my mind (I'm not going to) I am sure that there will be plenty of season tickets available later in the year.

And then they'll be pushing Half-season tickets around Christmas time.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Football in the old days was entirely different if we lost it cost a fiver and you trundled of home. Championship £20 not bad for the players we had on show Knockhaert often worth the admission price alone.

I hate to say it we don’t have any exciting players no match winners or game changes fast pacy wingers to get you out of your comfy plastic chair. As Bozza posted £100 for a pair of tickets against Liverpool is insane to watch our lot huff and puff and miss the target. When the last two windows past by with another we will make do it’s not really surprising some have had enough. Three seasons of the same 8-10 goals for Maupay the same count the fingers on one hand home wins is really starting to take it’s toll. Jose was the last exciting player we had and that seems a long time ago now.
Our season ticket prices are well expensive hence thousands not renewing.i know a lot of 1901 punters big time regretting renewing last year & asking the club if they can delay payment for the time being.family kids survival now not football

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good question.

It seems ridiculous to me that the renewal date is so early. Other clubs allow renewals after the season has ended.

They seem to have you locked into the DD for the season, but what could they do if you cancelled it? I don't know. They can't be legally entitled to your money...You'd probably end up on the banned list.

In previous seasons, with the long waiting list, changing your mind the other way, and deciding you wanted one after all, would also not be an option. However, if I change my mind (I'm not going to) I am sure that there will be plenty of season tickets available later in the year.

They are legally entitled…….….you’ve contractually committed to a 12 month DD. If you cancel, the whole amount becomes immediately due. The club could seek a judgement against you if you refused to pay. Whether they would or not I don’t know :shrug:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
D’oh.

So what would happen if I decided in say 2-3 months that I did want to give it up for the season? What’s the protocol?

I think you have committed to a full years season ticket by default even though you have not actively renewed. I decided to cancel mine because at this point I cannot say I will go again as I have not been for just under 2 years due to COVID. I t was thinking of going to the last 3 games (i can't go earlier than that) to see how I felt i.e. whether I was comfortable but as I have had to make a decision today I decided to cancel.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Our season ticket prices are well expensive hence thousands not renewing.i know a lot of 1901 punters big time regretting renewing last year & asking the club if they can delay payment for the time being.family kids survival now not football

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

No increase in ST prices for at least 2 years and you are now claiming that they are “well expensive”. Likewise 1901. If you sign a 5 year deal you should think ahead.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They are legally entitled…….….you’ve contractually committed to a 12 month DD. If you cancel, the whole amount becomes immediately due. The club could seek a judgement against you if you refused to pay. Whether they would or not I don’t know :shrug:

Last year and I think in previous years you have a further month to cancel tickets paid by DDs (but they charge an admin fee post the first date - £10 last season)

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
gave mine and my sons up today which he was gutted about.Still going to go to a few games next season, but a few things have started to grate on me VAR mobile tickets in the past i ve let someone else have my ticket if i ve not gone but its so much hassle now so there has been two empty seats for four games this season. and the change to kick off times.Im also not enjoying it as much as I use too. weather thats because we have reached the prem or just the whole of football has changed so much.I was saying to my son when i first started going in the 90s you just turned up with your mates all stood with each other now thats impossible for the youngsters because of seating ect... everything has to change i suppose.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
gave mine and my sons up today which he was gutted about.Still going to go to a few games next season, but a few things have started to grate on me VAR mobile tickets in the past i ve let someone else have my ticket if i ve not gone but its so much hassle now so there has been two empty seats for four games this season. and the change to kick off times.Im also not enjoying it as much as I use too. weather thats because we have reached the prem or just the whole of football has changed so much.I was saying to my son when i first started going in the 90s you just turned up with your mates all stood with each other now thats impossible for the youngsters because of seating ect... everything has to change i suppose.

This wasn't hard at the Goldstone (or Priestfield) as the ground was never full :D. It's one of the things I miss most but that's progress for you. (It used to be easy to get a Glastonbury ticket too!).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No increase in ST prices for at least 2 years and you are now claiming that they are “well expensive”. Likewise 1901. If you sign a 5 year deal you should think ahead.

Yes. The fools got what they deserved not predicting Covid, economic collapse, soaring energy prices, food inflation, WW3 etc.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This wasn't hard at the Goldstone (or Priestfield) as the ground was never full :D. It's one of the things I miss most but that's progress for you. (It used to be easy to get a Glastonbury ticket too!).

The ground isn’t full at the Amex either. Still a pain in the arse to attend though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes. The fools got what they deserved not predicting Covid, economic collapse, soaring energy prices, food inflation, WW3 etc.
Exactly there is no guarantee any of us will be here in five years with the current situation. Unlikely but you can’t rule it out the worlds turning to shit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Exactly there is no guarantee any of us will be here in five years with the current situation. Unlikely but you can’t rule it out the worlds turning to shit.

And I didn’t even mention climate change! :lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
D’oh.

It said on one of the clubs website pages that you can still cancel after 5pm Monday but there would be an additional charge. It didn't say how much or upto a second date.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good question.

You will have signed a credit agreement for the monthly payment terms so the club are legally entitled to the money. Whether they enforce this is another matter.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
D’oh.

The actual wording on the website is something like ‘cancellations after this date might be subject to additional charges’.

So I don’t know what this actually means in reality, whether it gives them a case by case process, ie if someone fell ill, lost their job, had to move etc. then perhaps genuine reasons for cancelling are allowed and have a small admin fee or something.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Just received an email from the club giving a 3 day renewal extension (not required as I renewed yesterday). Not sure if this has happened in previous years.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Exactly. Yet people are quoting VAR, losing half an inch off their seat, KO times, poor rail service, lack of goals, poor home form, not being able to swap tickets, preferring local football, etc, etc as the reasons.

Not many have said they can’t afford it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The actual wording on the website is something like ‘cancellations after this date might be subject to additional charges’.

So I don’t know what this actually means in reality, whether it gives them a case by case process, ie if someone fell ill, lost their job, had to move etc. then perhaps genuine reasons for cancelling are allowed and have a small admin fee or something.

In the terms it says exactly this.There’s a process for considering cancellations during a season, exit fees might be applied, no guarantees of refunds etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports