Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
What a depressing post. I do hope NSC isn’t typical of Brighton STH’s, otherwise it will be about 30% renewal.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Good thread this - a lot of it resonates with me

I renewed but it was pretty close. For me it is that accumulation of irritating things which means that I'm just not enjoying going nearly as much as a few years ago. Apart from VAR which I find hugely diminishes the game - especially 'live' - most of the things are pretty petty in isolation but add them all together they seem too much to be associated with a relitively significant spend in terms of time & money.

I had 3 (three) goes at getting into the Ground against Villa - my ticket had gone somehere odd in my Apple Wallet and I couldn't retrieve it. Nor could the ticket office who sent me back to the turnstile only to not be able to get in again. Pathetic I know but, christ, who needs that nonsense trying to get into a football stadium?

I've been to Lewes & Whitehawk a few times this season and I've just enjoyed it more - the whole experience - and that's what its ultimately about innit?

Still, I'm comfortable with the fact that whilst I may be approaching the end of my 'journey' as a Season Ticket holder, I'm sure the club won't have any trouble selling my seat and probably to someone who spends more at the ground on a match-by-match basis than me and who also won't be bothered by the things that get right on my tits.

This is similarly how I felt a couple of years ago when I gave mine up. In my younger years everything was arranged around the football. Now, it's the opposite. With family commitments, grandchildren, I have many other things to do with my time. Football used to dominate my social activities but now I fit it around my social life. Maybe that's just a sign of getting old, as my grandson now goes (effectively replacing my lost ST) so the club are hardly losing out.

Times change as do priorities and I for one just don't feel that football is so much of a priority as it once was. I have plenty of other things to do with my weekends which I'm enjoying - maybe I'm just worn out after 50 years of being a fan? Plenty of new fans in the pipeline to fill the stadium I'm sure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just received an email from the club giving a 3 day renewal extension (not required as I renewed yesterday). Not sure if this has happened in previous years.

I've clearly paid no attention at all to anything the club has sent me.

Do we have to actively do anyhting to renew, or will it just happen anyway as it has previously?

(I'm on Direct Debit if it makes any difference)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Relevant clauses for 22/23 STs

13. DDC whose existing Season Tickets have automatically renewed may cancel their Season Ticket prior to 5pm on 7 March in the relevant year, without liability to make further monthly payments or other charges. The DDC must provide the Club with a written cancellation notice by visiting www.brightonandhovealbion.com/renew and following the instructions set out there.

14. DDCs whose existing Season Tickets have automatically renewed may cancel their Season Ticket after 5pm on 7 March but prior to 5pm on 27 May in the relevant year by calling the Club on 01273 668855 (option 1) but may be charged a £10 cancellation fee to reimburse the Club its administrative costs of terminating the Direct Debit arrangement and refunding amounts already paid by Direct Debit.

15. Subject to clauses 11 and 14, all Season Ticket payments are non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances where the Club may, at its sole discretion, agree to grant a full or partial refund. Refunds may be subject to the deduction of a fee to cover the administration costs incurred by the Club in processing such a refund and will be paid by cheque or reversed Direct Debit.

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...ontent/documents/html/tandc.html#ddtandcs2223

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Do we have to actively do anyhting to renew, or will it just happen anyway as it has previously?

Will auto renew if you're on DD. Assume it means until 5pm Thursday to cancel rather than renew

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I really need someone to cancel or move away from a couple of seats at the back of W1B so my son and new fan grandson can come and join me and Mrs Earle. Hopefully the extension will give someone the chance to think again about renewing or moving to another part of the ground:D
P.S. the dates for moving around have been moved back too.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I cancelled mine at 16:59 yesterday.

It was a tough decision but spending time with my daughter needs to take priority. Hopefully in a few years, she'll be a fan and then I can get a season ticket with her.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

If you pay by direct debit, I think that one of your benefits is "hassle free automatic renewals"!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will auto renew if you're on DD. Assume it means until 5pm Thursday to cancel rather than renew

Thanks!

The extension of the renewal date concerned me, as that suggested an action was needed.

As you say, if most people auto-renew, the date is really a cancellation date, isn't it?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I really need someone to cancel or move away from a couple of seats at the back of W1B so my son and new fan grandson can come and join me and Mrs Earle. Hopefully the extension will give someone the chance to think again about renewing or moving to another part of the ground:D
When have the move dates been changed to? They seem to be the same on the website

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Don't worry super there will plenty of seats to choose from

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
This is similarly how I felt a couple of years ago when I gave mine up. In my younger years everything was arranged around the football. Now, it's the opposite. With family commitments, grandchildren, I have many other things to do with my time. Football used to dominate my social activities but now I fit it around my social life. Maybe that's just a sign of getting old, as my grandson now goes (effectively replacing my lost ST) so the club are hardly losing out.

Times change as do priorities and I for one just don't feel that football is so much of a priority as it once was. I have plenty of other things to do with my weekends which I'm enjoying - maybe I'm just worn out after 50 years of being a fan? Plenty of new fans in the pipeline to fill the stadium I'm sure.
Worn out = right

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks!

The extension of the renewal date concerned me, as that suggested an action was needed.

As you say, if most people auto-renew, the date is really a cancellation date, isn't it?

Even that’s no big deal if you can cancel up to May 27 for a £10 admin fee anyway

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Exactly. Yet people are quoting VAR, losing half an inch off their seat, KO times, poor rail service, lack of goals, poor home form, not being able to swap tickets, preferring local football, etc, etc as the reasons.

Not many have said they can’t afford it.
I can't afford it in these economic times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here