Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else concerned

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Agree its unlikely, but Burnley are 12 points behind with 11 games to go (2 in hand on us). If we did lose every game, they need 13 points from 11. That's not top 6 form, that's 16th/17th place form. We lose every game and we're down imho

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yes, but look at what you're saying with regards to losing every game, the statistical likelihood of a team losing 4 out of 23, then losing 15 in a row... is so extraordinarily unlikely it's probably millions to one. I'm assuming we will get at least 4 points from our remaining games (as a bare minimum), meaning Burnely would need 17 points, and not to mention everyone else below us right now would need to also get up to 38 points or more, it's likely one or two of the teams below will have a baron run between now and the end of the season, especially as the teams below us will play each other here and there.

I reckon after a nice reset, a few days off and mentally recharging, we will come out in a couple weeks' time and beat Norwich, which will put it all beyond all doubt.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Yes, but look at what you're saying with regards to losing every game, the statistical likelihood of a team losing 4 out of 23, then losing 15 in a row... is so extraordinarily unlikely it's probably millions to one. I'm assuming we will get at least 4 points from our remaining games (as a bare minimum), meaning Burnely would need 17 points, and not to mention everyone else below us right now would need to also get up to 38 points or more, it's likely one or two of the teams below will have a baron run between now and the end of the season, especially as the teams below us will play each other here and there.

I reckon after a nice reset, a few days off and mentally recharging, we will come out in a couple weeks' time and beat Norwich, which will put it all beyond all doubt.
Sorry I wasn't saying we will lose every game. I was replying to another comment that said we'd be safe even if we last every game, which I don't agree with.

And no I also don't think we will lose the next 9 in a row

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not really sure what that has to do with anything. Freak things happen over the course of 3 games quite often. Over the course of 15 games though - freakish things happen far less often.

It maybe helps explain why some fans are feeling a little bit jittery, even if the likelihood of losing 15 games on the bounce is extremely, er, unlikely

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
A season of so much promise looks like it might turn in to a disappointing season. I was concerned about our defending ever since the Burnley match .
We create very few chances , scoring goals is a distant memory , I never leave before the end of a match, but I have the last 3 games as they never look like scoring. And to be honest the football has been so boring, I now don’t find either entertaining or enjoyable to watch .
Until we speed up our play , get some midfield players who can create or score goals I can’t see things changing much , GP also needs to sort out the defence,
It also looks like our strength in depth within the squad is also beginning to show how depleted the squad really is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here