Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else concerned

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Weakened the side in January with the sake of a bang in form CB, didn't strengthen to push for a European place. Blooms decision, fair enough, he bankrolls the losses. Glaring lack of pace and power in this squad, bar Lamptey. Set pieces poor, so slow in possession. That said, I thought we looked better today than our last 2 home games. Also, Norwich will be the worst team we play at home this season, surely the long awaited victory beckons

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Weakened the side in January with the sake of a bang in form CB, didn't strengthen to push for a European place. Blooms decision, fair enough, he bankrolls the losses. Glaring lack of pace and power in this squad, bar Lamptey. Set pieces poor, so slow in possession. That said, I thought we looked better today than our last 2 home games. Also, Norwich will be the worst team we play at home this season, surely the long awaited victory beckons

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Agree on all points.

What is it about Liverpool, Albion teams come alive? Definitely a high work rate and creativity from the off, fighting until the very end. But why not against Villa and Burnley?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I disagree. I think we can do better with what we have. We have a lot of decent players. Biss, Tross, Maupay, Mac Argie, Moder, Pocket Rocket, Cucu, Veltman. They are all international players from decent countries and can play.

But we're too SLOW.

We are so PREDICTABLE

Sanchez got the ball 4/5/6 times when Liverpool were all in our half. He stands there waiting for them to get back in shape to release the ball. Doesn't see the runs of Solly, Tross (who would have been 1 on 1),Maupay 2-3x and so on.

How many times did we go back to Sanchez from inside their half? 6-8-10-12 times?

How many times did Liverpool go back to Allison? I can't remember any, 2 or 3 at the most.

We are just slow and predictable. Been the same for game after game.

I agree with a lot of this.

Potter needs to sort that out.

We are also so bloody wet. Liverpool players contested every decision the ref made yesterday. We just stand around looking a bit glum. Only Maupay shows any spine.

We play the game like it’s one big sanitized maths experiment. In fact, that’s what’s become of the whole club - a nice squeaky clean corporate experience, both on the pitch and off it.

I renewed my season ticket, but even before I reached the ground yesterday I felt like I was traveling to the game with a bit of resentment in my veins. I resented going to watch the same old Brighton doing the same old things in the same old way with the same bloody results.

Still Klopp said we were great to watch on MOTD.

THEY ARE ALL LAUGHING AT US!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I still see this season like last year's, BCD, as a "holding" season, where frankly we won't achieve that much. Lost a lot of money due to the pandemic and now with rising energy bills and European war then for me it's not the time to be brave and splash the cash, rather just muddle along and stay in the league. Next season will likely be the same, with some big sales rather than big purchases. Better to have a steady ship in choppy waters. With all the boring talk of how much money Mo $alah ought to be paid it still disgusts me the amount player's earn, it should be reduced greatly but since the early grumblings re player wages early doors in the pandemic it's all gone quiet on that front.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I agree with a lot of this.

Potter needs to sort that out.

We are also so bloody wet. Liverpool players contested every decision the ref made yesterday. We just stand around looking a bit glum. Only Maupay shows any spine.

We play the game like it’s one big sanitized maths experiment. In fact, that’s what’s become of the whole club - a nice squeaky clean corporate experience, both on the pitch and off it.

I renewed my season ticket, but even before I reached the ground yesterday I felt like I was traveling to the game with a bit of resentment in my veins. I resented going to watch the same old Brighton doing the same old things in the same old way with the same bloody results.

Still Klopp said we were great to watch on MOTD.

THEY ARE ALL LAUGHING AT US!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd rather see more of this c$ntish behaviour?!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm concerned we are in a rut and the players will be getting more and more nervous.

We really enjoyed 2016 when we had a wonderful year whilst the wankpuffins had the most terrible one. Worst case scenario is that we get off to a jobbie of a start in 2022/23.

If we can put a few past Norwich and Southampton I will switch to optimistic for next season mode.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Not really concerned about the drop, just our style of play recently, we have gone from hard to beat to a dot on the card for opponents. Luckily I’m convinced we have enough points to avoid the drop, I’m concerned at our style of play.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Not really concerned about the drop, just our style of play recently, we have gone from hard to beat to a dot on the card for opponents. Luckily I’m convinced we have enough points to avoid the drop, I’m concerned at our style of play.

I'd agree with most of that, it's just the pessimist in me says we haven't got enough points just yet to avoid the drop.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Very much a poor run of form however it has been coming all season hasn't it? Should probably have lost away to palace and Southampton, didn't deserve to beat Brentford away.. in fairness we should have beaten Palace at home and arguably west ham away but late equalisers often brush over that and it feels positive.
We don't seem to consistently be able to beat teams when being the better team and have had our fair share of luck this season with late goals- partly due to quality throughout the team so this isn't a grumble as such but the way we set up and the Potter style will not get much better unless you invest heavily on the team which I cant see us doing.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Very much a poor run of form however it has been coming all season hasn't it? Should probably have lost away to palace and Southampton, didn't deserve to beat Brentford away.. in fairness we should have beaten Palace at home and arguably west ham away but late equalisers often brush over that and it feels positive.
We don't seem to consistently be able to beat teams when being the better team and have had our fair share of luck this season with late goals- partly due to quality throughout the team so this isn't a grumble as such but the way we set up and the Potter style will not get much better unless you invest heavily on the team which I cant see us doing.
Agree with this

Add Leicester at home to that list.

We were pretty lucky at the beginning of the season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not worried about this season. I'm sure we'll find 3 points somewhere and confident that 36 pts will be enough. More of a problem is if we carry this form in to next season. If Kozlowski, Mitoma, Undav, Caicedo and one or two of our loanee centre backs actually improve the team, then we'll be ok again, but if not, we may need to splash some real cash on a couple of established players to continue improving.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not worried about this season. I'm sure we'll find 3 points somewhere and confident that 36 pts will be enough. More of a problem is if we carry this form in to next season. If Kozlowski, Mitoma, Undav, Caicedo and one or two of our loanee centre backs actually improve the team, then we'll be ok again, but if not, we may need to splash some real cash on a couple of established players to continue improving.

The mutterings about board level investment grow louder. Seems like its no longer a taboo subject, same as doubts about renewing a ST is no longer a dirty subject. All good and healthy, in my view, to openly and honestly question the board's EPL business model. Us longtime fans don't necessarily overmuch care which division the Albion are in, but maybe TB might just like to hear what nobody inside the club has much of an appetite to tell him ie pay the going rate for EPL-ready strikers. Fair enough it's TB's money to spend, but personally I want the Albion to be successful for TB first, and for me and people like me second

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The mutterings about board level investment grow louder. Seems like its no longer a taboo subject, same as doubts about renewing a ST is no longer a dirty subject. All good and healthy, in my view, to openly and honestly question the board's EPL business model. Us longtime fans don't necessarily overmuch care which division the Albion are in, but maybe TB might just like to hear what nobody inside the club has much of an appetite to tell him ie pay the going rate for EPL-ready strikers. Fair enough it's TB's money to spend, but personally I want the Albion to be successful for TB first, and for me and people like me second

Not having any relegation threat must be a big success for TB this season because it must mean he’s been planning the summer spend at the turn of the year. The inexplicable decision I think was to weaken in Jan. Despite all the threads on manager and players, that is the biggest signal of where our ambition lies - and that is safety rather than top 10. Biggest mistake TB has made was making the top 10 statement, whether long or mid term. We invest and run the club like anything above 17th should be seen as a success. Not being in any relegation worry for an entire season has to be considered a success.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think the effect of the sale of BDB will be clear to TB albeit not publicly acknowledged. Granted it was a perfect storm of circumstances that led to it, but TB will learn from it and I doubt we see any other player achieve his dream move for a bargain basement price to their boyhood club whilst weakening our squad. At the time he moved, he was our best and most consistent defender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here