Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else concerned

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think the effect of the sale of BDB will be clear to TB albeit not publicly acknowledged. Granted it was a perfect storm of circumstances that led to it, but TB will learn from it and I doubt we see any other player achieve his dream move for a bargain basement price to their boyhood club whilst weakening our squad. At the time he moved, he was our best and most consistent defender.

Certainly not in January

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I haven’t been concerned at all but I am starting to be now. Everton unlikely win last night and now Leeds getting two 90th minute winners mean all of a sudden everyone below us is winning and we aren’t. We are definitely getting pulled closer and closer.

The Norwich game is absolutely huge now. Win and we are almost certainly fine, lose and panic will really start to kick in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Starting to look distinctly sub-optimal

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
I'd be concerned if there was any realistic danger of relegation, but as there isn't, I am just disappointed in our bad run of form, when it looked likely we could achieve (at least) a top ten finish.
Sadly, that now seems highly unlikely.

That's how I see it. We were on track for 47-50ish points and a top-half finish which would've been an incredible achievement and remembered for a long time, probably would've gone down as our 2nd best season ever, maybe our best depending on what criteria you use.

Sadly now it will forever be forgotten as just that season we did alright, finishing 13th/14th (at best, I'm aware we're looking at more like 16th at this rate)

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
150/1 for us to drop. Bookies don't reckon and neither do I. Surely we can scrape at least 6 more points.

Mathematically it would take an unprecedented set of results. We would have to lose every single game from here on out (even in our shite form, very unlikely) and a number of teams below us would have to go on top 6 standards of form, all at the same time. 150/1 is actually quite short when you look at the maths of it, it's probably more like 1000/1.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Mathematically it would take an unprecedented set of results. We would have to lose every single game from here on out (even in our shite form, very unlikely) and a number of teams below us would have to go on top 6 standards of form, all at the same time. 150/1 is actually quite short when you look at the maths of it, it's probably more like 1000/1.
Agree its unlikely, but Burnley are 12 points behind with 11 games to go (2 in hand on us). If we did lose every game, they need 13 points from 11. That's not top 6 form, that's 16th/17th place form. We lose every game and we're down imho

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Agree its unlikely, but Burnley are 12 points behind with 11 games to go (2 in hand on us). If we did lose every game, they need 13 points from 11. That's not top 6 form, that's 16th/17th place form. We lose every game and we're down imho

'Lose every game'? That would make 15 on the bounce. Ain't gonna happen, and stick a tenner on if you're worried. :)

We'll win 2 or 3, draw 1 or 2 and lose the rest.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
'Lose every game'? That would make 15 on the bounce. Ain't gonna happen, and stick a tenner on if you're worried. :)

We'll win 2 or 3, draw 1 or 2 and lose the rest.
No I agree with you, I think we'll pick up a few more points and limp over the line. Was just saying it's not as comfortable as some are saying in my opinion. It definitely doesn't require teams below us to hit 'top six form' if we continue this dire form

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to admit that I feel less confident about picking up points at the moment than I have been since GP was appointed. I can also see us losing to Norwich, the loss of confidence in just about every part of the pitch is a concern

I will be voting 3-1 to the Albion in the match result poll though, as I have in every game this season, so far I have NUL point :rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Don't suppose anyone can remember the odds when the Albion were 7 points clear of Newcastle in the Championship with 3 matches to play?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here