Any new signings this week ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
A new keeper to challenge Ankergren, a midfielder with a huge attacking threat who can just drive the team forward, I think we need to see Bergkamp in a competitive game like tomorrow before we decide on another striker. Painter's good enough at left back for now but we do need cover for him sooner or later, an experienced championship CB is very key in my opinion but it's just a case of who's available.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
For me, Dicker didn't look match fit and unfortunately I am worried that Sparrow will be horribly out of his depth this season. Hope I'm wrong.

Don`t believe Sparrow is out of his depth, he seems more suited to playing in away games.
Swindon and Charlton being prime examples especially Charlton where he played really well.
Can`t think of any decent home performances from him last season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Think we need a center-mid (maybe two), center half, and another striker. I think GP will go with Vincelot and Tanno as FB cover. Gus has already said we won't get another keeper. Maybe a defensive midfielder to push Bridcutt? Although i think he will be a revelation this season, i really do.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He's still an Arsenal player though he rejected an extended contract I believe!

IF we ended up signing him, we'd deffo challenge top 6 IMO. Not likely to happen though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Navs is Liam's cover, so...

1 x striker (Gus confirmed several times)
1 x CB (Gus confirmed)
1 x ACM (my guess on 3rd player)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Navs is Liam's cover, so...

1 x striker (Gus confirmed several times)
1 x CB (Gus confirmed)
1 x ACM (my guess on 3rd player)

Ahh yeah...forgot about Nav! Really good effort from him to earn a new contract.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hope I'm wrong but I can't see Alan Navarro as a Championship player. Just have to trust Poyet on this one I guess.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I recon were waiting on the 25 to be announced, then we could be in for the likes of Lansbury, Livermore et al

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Frankly, we needed navarro on saturday, his calm head and top-notch passing would have helped to steer us through a nervy first half.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bridcutt looked unsure

Nope. Didn't see that at all. Until the heroics by Buckley at the end, Bridcutt was my man of the match, albeit, in a slightly below par team performance.

My concern is that looking through the side, we're made up of players who played League One last season, with the exception of Buckley. If that extra class from Buckley is what you get from Championship players then we will need 2 or 3 more of them.

Byrne & Small

Oct 25, 2010
Burgess hill
Don`t believe Sparrow is out of his depth, he seems more suited to playing in away games.
Swindon and Charlton being prime examples especially Charlton where he played really well.
Can`t think of any decent home performances from him last season.

I would'nt want a player who can just perform in away games really, You should be able to perform on home soil and away soil. I think Sparrow as he keeps saying himself has to take his chance soon, That doesnt mean goals but to have an influence on the game at some point. I guess it does take time for some players and last season was his 1st for us!!! His chance is now!!!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think we should sign benik afobe on a years loan think he could do a job and poyet has said he liked him in the past !

Naah, never seen much from him to be honest. Looked garbage in their play-off games.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Nope. Didn't see that at all. Until the heroics by Buckley at the end, Bridcutt was my man of the match, albeit, in a slightly below par team performance.

My concern is that looking through the side, we're made up of players who played League One last season, with the exception of Buckley. If that extra class from Buckley is what you get from Championship players then we will need 2 or 3 more of them.

This, I thought second half Bricutt was running the game. Will be one of our best player this season, Fact

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I said this about a month back, quoting how good Buckley will be for us and got SLAMMED.

if we end up relying on players who we own, rather than loanees, all the better.

Lua Lua clearly still needs some time to get back to 100%, but at the moment he wouldn't make my starting 11

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I said this about a month back, quoting how good Buckley will be for us and got SLAMMED.

I was impressed with Buckley when he came on and with Noone on as well I thought it gave us a good balance to the side, I agree with Lua Lua being an impact sub at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports