Any new signings this week ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Hi Guys,

i am a one man band that as set up awayfansdiscountcard.co.uk
it will get you discounts up and down the country when you travel to other grounds. also loads of discounts in Brighton.
have a look and send me your thoughs via the site

cheers.

That's great. Think you have posted in the wrong thread though :lol:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Hi Guys,

i am a one man band that as set up awayfansdiscountcard.co.uk
it will get you discounts up and down the country when you travel to other grounds. also loads of discounts in Brighton.
have a look and send me your thoughs via the site

cheers.

I think Gus is looking more for a team player to be honest.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Need a center midfielder to boss it, Bridcutt looked unsure, and Dicker isn't reliable enough, I also didn't think he had a very good game, Sparrow wasn't too bad.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
So someone on a free that can take penalties and free-kicks. Possibly we've renewed our interest in Eremenko?

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Need a center midfielder to boss it, Bridcutt looked unsure, and Dicker isn't reliable enough, I also didn't think he had a very good game, Sparrow wasn't too bad.

We'll miss Kishi this season. But I don't know how you can say Dicker is unreliable or Bridcutt unsure of himself. Both played well on Saturday i thought and were brilliant last season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I do feel we need strength in the middle of the pitch however, i wouldn't read too much into Dicker and Sparrow's performances on Saturday as in the first half, in particular, the whole team looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights at times and it was only once they got over their nerves thay they started playing and for the last 20 minutes looked a very good team imho

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We'll miss Kishi this season. But I don't know how you can say Dicker is unreliable or Bridcutt unsure of himself. Both played well on Saturday i thought and were brilliant last season.

Just shows how opinions differ thought both were poor on Saturday although to be fair Bridcutt was better in the 2nd half. What they did last season is now gone and in the past what they can do this season is the big question and based on Saturdays display I have my doubts as to what they will achieve.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm a big fan of Dicker but he wasn't very good on Saturday. I think he tends to take a while to get into form, I think if we don't sign someone else he will be very good this season.
Bridcutt was excellent though.

If we sign a midfielder I'd expect it to be an attacking one, as at the moment we have Sparrow playing where last season we had Bennett.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Dicker was poor, lost the ball too often and this led to Doncasters goal. Bridcutt looked solid, but Sparrow was ineffective and had little influence on the game. I don't think it's In Gus' style to do so, but I feel we need a controversial midfielder, someone who will ruffle some feathers and control things in the middle, someone in the Bowyer/Scott Parker kind of mould.
We do seem to be a little bit lightweight in the middle for sure.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Dicker was doing the work of 2 men for most of the game sat as Sparrow was pretty much non existent. With LuaLua man marked and Sparrow not showing up Dickers option were slim on the ground till Nooney and Buckley came on. Its no coincidence we looked better when Sparrow went off.

Sparrow has shown quality in patches but he needs to up his consistency (as he himself stated) as we cannot carry people in this division, certainly not in a key area like central midfield. I think its showed we should play Buckley inside a bit more (like Bennett last year) or bring someone in to play in midfield. Games are won and lost in midfield and we lost the 1st half as a result of our midfield.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Just shows how opinions differ thought both were poor on Saturday although to be fair Bridcutt was better in the 2nd half. What they did last season is now gone and in the past what they can do this season is the big question and based on Saturdays display I have my doubts as to what they will achieve.

Only the first game of a 46 game season though, but i do agree we need another CM. Also could do with another striker as Barnes didn't look too good on Saturday and having seen some of Bergkamp in pre season i'm not too impressed.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I would like to see 2 new players

A player who can play both LB and CB for cover in both areas getting 2 players for each pos would be awaste of tranfer money and wages.

also a goalkepper I still dont think Brez or poke are good back ups and they cant challenge for a 1st team spot so get a goalkeeper in who can challege I would even like to see a loan goalkeeper with option to buy i would say vito mannone from arsenal has had expeirnce in championshit before and few times for arsenal 1st team

i dont believe we need fowards or anyone in midfield we have good players in all areas aswell as a good youth players for the future

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bridcutt didnt drop as deep and spread the passing as he did last season. i like it when he drops deep picks up the ball from dunk and greer and brings pther players into the game, i have no doubt he will do this, as he showed he could in the last 25mins or so.

dicker im more worried about, getting caught in possesion for there goal was poor, but everyone can make a mistake, im sure he will now play a blinder and prove us all wrong.

I do feel we missed Bennet and thats why the midfield didnt tick as well as it did last season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For me, Dicker didn't look match fit and unfortunately I am worried that Sparrow will be horribly out of his depth this season. Hope I'm wrong.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No shout for Boyd?

Eremenko and Lansbury still on our radar I reckon too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports