Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockhaert

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Personally I would sell for £15m IF we were able to reinvest it in a top notch goalscorer to play off Murray/Hemed.
With Solly on the way back we have 4 very decent wingers. Knocky is great but I think a quality striker is more important. It would also be an amazing bit of business in a short period. In the long run, that is how we progress sustainably - see Ulloa.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would suggest you all calm down and take it for what it is internet banter from behind a key board no need for people to get aggresive. I try not to but some people push me to the extreme. If I was that offended or couldnt stand my corner I would just log out. Thanks for those who have spoken up for me.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
True,but let's never forget the consumers,fans or season ticket holders either.

They don't, which is why they are funding it to the tune of around a £1m a month from their own pocket to provide a higher quality team than we would otherwise be able to afford

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ha! Brilliant comeback post.
I am not going through 30k+ posts to give you an informed reply.
You could just stick to this thread, which is what I thought you were talking about. You claim he doesn't give any shit back, it's clear that he does.

I know what I see and he is unfairly treated, we can talk shit and it passes everyone by.
Nonsense. Find me a thread I've started with a Bullshit rumour. Nope, thought not. No one else starts so many BS transfer threads.

I think he gets undeserved attention.
He does get a lot of shit, but he must be ok with it because he continues to post the shit that encourages the attention he craves. I'm sure quite a few of us hear bullshit rumours in pubs, but we choose not to start a thread about them because we know it's nonsense. BG chooses to start these threads, knowing full well that people will take the piss.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
They don't, which is why they are funding it to the tune of around a £1m a month from their own pocket to provide a higher quality team than we would otherwise be able to afford

It pays to do that,clearly if 10,000 disappear it would cost more,its an awful situation really,never thought we would be so hard up in a sense when on the cusp of glory,we need to keep going.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I would suggest you all calm down and take it for what it is internet banter from behind a key board no need for people to get aggresive. I try not to but some people push me to the extreme. If I was that offended or couldnt stand my corner I would just log out. Thanks for those who have spoken up for me.

Well said.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It pays to do that,clearly if 10,000 disappear it would cost more,its an awful situation really,never thought we would be so hard up in a sense when on the cusp of glory,we need to keep going.

Or you keep cutting your cloth accordingly to live within your means, and if you lose a large number of fans from matches, reduce your playing budget again and sell more players to balance the books.

But it's easy to demand more and expect others to fund it and if unsuccessful, put it down to them not spending enough and demand they spend even more and all the time increasing the clubs overall debt, making it harder to find a potential investor / new owner if Bloom every decides enough is enough and walks away or can on longer afford to fund it.

Do you really think that fans will walk away from the club should we only lose £1m a month and not £2m a month or more that some seem to be demanding (buy expensive players with no regard to budgets, etc, because they don't think it's exciting enough otherwise)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are prolonging it by continually trying to find fault and prove your superiority.
My superiority goes without saying. I am quite calm though, and I don't think I've been aggressive to anyone. Who are you claiming is being aggressive and needs to calm down?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I expect Nottingham Forest fans are fed up with all the rumours about Oliver Burke. The difference is though that if a top six Premier League team sign him he may go back to Forest on loan until the end of the year or season.

Thursday morning can't come quick enough.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe it would be best at this point if a mod would just remove this thread to other. Someone can always start another AK thread (if there's anything more to be said on the topic at this point) - this one's just got a bit too heated.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Or you keep cutting your cloth accordingly to live within your means, and if you lose a large number of fans from matches, reduce your playing budget again and sell more players to balance the books.

But it's easy to demand more and expect others to fund it and if unsuccessful, put it down to them not spending enough and demand they spend even more and all the time increasing the clubs overall debt, making it harder to find a potential investor / new owner if Bloom every decides enough is enough and walks away or can on longer afford to fund it.

Do you really think that fans will walk away from the club should we only lose £1m a month and not £2m a month or more that some seem to be demanding (buy expensive players with no regard to budgets, etc, because they don't think it's exciting enough otherwise)

I think fans will eventually slip away if year after year we keep missing out or not even making the play offs,but to be honest i feel that had we spent £5m on a striker last January we would be complaining about not enough seats at the Amex right now..it's all a balance,i am happy we don't go silly with fees and wages,just hope we add to our squad before deadline day and keep the others......even if any players coming in don't cost the world,in addition to what we currently have we will be there or there abouts..

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You clearly werent at Reading then...

You can't base it around one game he thrives at home and has a lot of the ball, didn't do much yesterday was quiet at Boro last season those big games is when you want your star player to turn it on. Away at Reading isn't the biggest of games tbh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Personally I would sell for £15m IF we were able to reinvest it in a top notch goalscorer to play off Murray/Hemed.
With Solly on the way back we have 4 very decent wingers. Knocky is great but I think a quality striker is more important. It would also be an amazing bit of business in a short period. In the long run, that is how we progress sustainably - see Ulloa.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure we progressed very much in the season after ulloa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here