Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockhaert

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If I was Knockart I'd put a transfer request in. **** doing all the hard work when it's obvious Hughton has pets and will play them how ever they perform.

He'll be gone and Stephens and we'll be midtable. We blew it last season and Hughton has himself to blame like Cardiff away, going 4-5-1 and Sidwell was a nightmare and leaving Hemed on the Bench.

Come on...you're not a Brighton fan are you? If so you must be a JCL...So who do you support?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A footballer should not be drinking anything during the season! They are highly paid athletes and should be keeping themselves at the highest possible fitness levels possible, not drinking.

A certain ex Albion forward i have known since middle school-long story short we would play cards until the very early hours would on occasion have a drink or two on a Friday evening,then play Saturday.....this was before he played for us but they did do it,was mid 1990's so not sure what they do now..

Another i knew a central Defender was clean of a Friday evening.

*did i mention night clubs :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the lateness of the bid is due to them wanting off load a player first possibly Sissoko. If they dont sell him perhaps they may not come bck in for AK until possibly January or hopefully not at all.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If I was Knockart I'd put a transfer request in. **** doing all the hard work when it's obvious Hughton has pets and will play them how ever they perform.

He'll be gone and Stephens and we'll be midtable. We blew it last season and Hughton has himself to blame like Cardiff away, going 4-5-1 and Sidwell was a nightmare and leaving Hemed on the Bench.

Hmmmm

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Come on...you're not a Brighton fan are you? If so you must be a JCL...So who do you support?

Palace troll-don't feed it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A certain ex Albion forward i have known since middle school-long story short we would play cards until the very early hours would on occasion have a drink or two on a Friday evening,then play Saturday.....this was before he played for us but they did do it,was mid 1990's so not sure what they do now..

Another i knew a central Defender was clean of a Friday evening.

*did i mention night clubs :lolol:

I though they were now under orders for no alcohol 48 hours before a game and were tested. It didnt do George Best or Jimmy Greaves any harm though but that was along time ago. and sports science has moved on.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Stop/remove Knockaert and you stop Brighton. Simple as that, and as proved yesterday.
Without Knockaert we would have finished tenth last season. We were gone at Christmas. He changed everything.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I though they were now under orders for no alcohol 48 hours before a game and were tested. It didnt do George Best or Jimmy Greaves any harm though but that was along time ago. and sports science has moved on.

The game has changed so much,they probably are randomly checked not sure it's a breath test every week but young footballers and cash to burn don't not go to nightclubs or bars..:drink:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

Well it did not do Bestie much good did it. He even had a second chance with another liver. Where is he now ?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Nobody said they were drunk in fact far from it. Son sent me a picture of him and Lewis Dunk and said that the 3 of them were very quiet and reserved and drinking very little.

Dunk was in the hotel bar the night before the Middlesborough game (last game of last season). Even though he wasn't playing (suspended), he was only drinking lemonade or coke. I think he's too professional to drink much alcohol....

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Knockhart is absolutely carrying the team at the moment. It's got to the stage that if he isn't involved in a move, we won't score. There's no way Sidwell, Skalek, Bong, Baldock could score a goal from open play together. There is no way they are top 6 championship players sadly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went on the team coach to Swansea for an evening game during Alan Mullerys time as guest of Ken Craggs and in the hotel in the afternoon they were not even allowed Coke or orange juice just water or black coffee. After the game the coach picked up fish and chips to eat on the coach plus a case of lager out of the boot ,how times have changed,

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Knockhart is absolutely carrying the team at the moment. It's got to the stage that if he isn't involved in a move, we won't score. There's no way Sidwell, Skalek, Bong, Baldock could score a goal from open play together. There is no way they are top 6 championship players sadly.

Bong needs time,think a lot is in his head and he is better when Lua lua plays because it helps relive his workload,that given a few more games his confidence about his injury might return.

Skalak in my opinion could be a striker and that could mean we could get perhaps another winger in and offload Baldock,who really is so nearly there but cannot finish as good as Skalak.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013

There is no way that some of the above are Top 16 Championship players ..

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Brilliant, nope having a drink before a game didn't do either Best or Greaves any harm at all. Neither have had well publicised battles with alcoholism which led to the early death of the former and no doubt was a major factor in the stroke which led to the later being wheelchair bound and never being able to walk again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brilliant, nope having a drink before a game didn't do either Best or Greaves any harm at all. Neither have had well publicised battles with alcoholism which led to the early death of the former and no doubt was a major factor in the stroke which led to the later being wheelchair bound and never being able to walk again.

I was referring to their ability in a game not later life.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Before this post gets total ridicule.....the point being made is, that at a match day level, on the pitch it did not effect these players concerned....

Two of the very greatest footballers to have graced the British fields of play in history..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here