Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockhaert

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I'll give Palace the benefit of the doubt, and say that's not true.

Were it to be true however, what makes these ***** think it wise to make your bid 2 days before the window closes?
It doesn't get mentioned very often for some reason, but you can never underestimate Palace when it comes to trying their luck with last minute, speculative bids for our players: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10647133._/

A Palace ITK journo claimed they also bid for Barnes and LuaLua that night too, making it FOUR of our players.

(Not that Soccer Sauce are an account worth paying even a second's notice to)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Like who?

Inigo Calderon was the only person I've seen quoted as saying Stephens was his player of the season, he also qualified it with saying Dale does stuff that might be missed by the fans but is picked up by the pro's playing along side him on the pitch (or words to that effect).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Radio and TV pundits plus paper reporters said the same but it was individual opinion not a fact as many opinions got Kayal the award. FWIW I voted for Stockdale so this season so far has been a set back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Assuming it's genuine, which I can't think of a reason why @Monkey Man would make it up, that is the third time we have heard directly from the team itself how highly they rate Dale.

Yet quite a few of our fans on here, not the majority granted, seem to think a) Sidwell or Norwood will slip in and nothing will change or b) he can be replaced quite easily.
I think that's the difference between average fans and knowledgeable professionals. It's easy for the likes of us to see what Kayal does, it's in your face. Fans often overlook the benefit of a player like Dale breaking up play and turning defence into attack.

I think the same happens with Balldock. I'm not saying Balldock is amazing, but I'm sure he's better than many here give him credit for.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It doesn't get mentioned very often for some reason, but you can never underestimate Palace when it comes to trying their luck with last minute, speculative bids for our players: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10647133._/

A Palace ITK journo claimed they also bid for Barnes and LuaLua that night too, making it FOUR of our players.

(Not that Soccer Sauce are an account worth paying even a second's notice to)

If they do still want Lua Lua......................I have a feeling that bid probably wouldn't fail

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I met a Brighton player yesterday quite unexpectedly - probably unfair to name him as he was very generous with his time and was very candid and unguarded in his answers to the handful of questions I threw at him.

He thinks it's highly unlikely that Knoackaert will leave this week and says that the club would turn down any bid for Dunk.

However he believes Stephens is our best player and is not so confident he's sticking around. Though he didn't seem to think it was inevitable he'd be going.

That's fair enough. It was Dale Stephens wasn't it?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hemed mediocre blimey

For sure - here' why I think that

Very good: Ulloa
Good: Murray, Bent
Mediocre: Barnes
Poor: CMS, Baldock, Rodriguez
No words: Billy Paynter

On those terms I would say Tomer fits into mediocre. A mediocre championship striker, no more no less.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

On those terms I would say Tomer fits into mediocre. A mediocre championship striker, no more no less.

Colunga?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

I disagree. Barnes scores at 1 in 5. Hamed scores 1 in 3.

You could argue Barnes wasn't played in the right positions, but he's yet to prove himself to be anywhere near Tomer's scoring rate. Tomer is also a lot stronger in the air, and does a lot of good passes and defensive play. I'd rate Hamed between Murray and Barnes, but as a good and solid championship player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here