Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Exactly this. People slag off Naylor for not jumping on the bandwagon when he’s simply waiting for some facts to report. He can be seen as a bit of a club mouthpiece but that doesn’t really matter In broader terms for the Athletic as they can publish the externally sourced information through other journos like Ornstein. That avoids straining Naylor’s longstanding relationship with the club and allows him to get good access for longer in-depth Albion pieces. It makes perfect sense to operate in that way.
I have no issue with his stance. I do find his writing desperately dull though.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
At the moment, RDZ can pick a front four from:
Welbeck, Pedro, Ferguson, Mitoma, March, Adingra, Lallana, and Buonanotte although he may be heading for a loan himself.

I guess Gross and Milner could also play up there, although their talents are likely to be employed further back. Alzate and Moder - not sure how far either are in RDZ's plans right now, Lamptey as a winger is also a possibility. But the addition of another forward player is pretty vital based on our season length.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The loan deal for Fati leaves a bit in the kitty for an additional significant signing. Just before we hear the chimes of Big Ben on SkySportsNews and the transfer window slams shut.
Has it not been agreed that our transfer window never slams; it closes gently, and nicely. like this:

Window.gif

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Feels a little strange that we wouldn't put a release clause in Kudus' contract, but are happy to loan a player in the same position and return him for nothing in a year.
I does, also seemed off we passed on Livramento due to a buy back clause. Seems far too rigid to me, but what do I know on such matters.

In this case I'd imagine its directly related to the loss of Enciso and a fantastic opportunity to have half a season with both in the squad, with the cost met by Europa league revenue if we progress

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here