Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

giphy.gif

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
It will be the flight from Seville Airport (12:00 BST) to Biggin Hill Airport (14:16 BST)

If this loan turns out to be successful, what a massive achievement for the club and hopefully more superstars will do the same in order to develop!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I’m totally underwhelmed, we need left back cover. A good window for me would be bringing Danny Rose back into the professional game or overpaying on some third choice left back from a bigger club, come in Matt Targett. Seriously let down.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
So doesn’t that completely break our entire wage structure as a club?
I’m guessing Bloom and co are thinking strategically as in, well yes, it's a £10m gamble which we wouldn’t normally make but we got £15m more than expected/budgeted for re Caicedo, so how about a one-off season punt? If it works out with Fati, Baleba etc, we’ve every chance of a tilt at a Champions League place which will pay the Fati fee many times over. Plus the massive boost to the club’s profile across the world and concomitant merch sales, TV fees etc. Could easily be a self-financing deal.

All that said, I still fear it won’t happen.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to Sport Witness he's travelling with his father Ibrahima Fati and Santi Lotta.
They also report it was ultimately RDZ who managed to convince the player, saying the phone call with the Italian changed everything.

One of his entourage is super-agent Jorge Mendes and he has also been convinced by Brighton, so much so he now putting pressure on Fati to accept their offer and wrap it up quickly according to Mundo Deportivo

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Down to the bare bones, then...
Whilst not down to the barebones we could potentially lose Mitoma (Asian Cup) and Baleba, Andingra and Lamptey (AFCON) for most of January and early Feb. Assuming Cameroon and Ghana confirm their places, which looks likely.

I’m guessing countries will want players released a week or two before the tournaments start. They could miss the FA Cup 3rd and 4th round games. They’ll also miss the Premier League games against Wolves (h), Luton (a). If they progress to the later stages they’ll also miss Palace (h) and if anyone makes the semi they’ll almost certainly miss Spurs (a) too (they definitely will if they make the final).

Losing Mitoma and Adningra at the same time will likely be our biggest problem. The other two might not impact us as much, no one knows how Baleba will settle in (and he’s hasn't yet been called up for a Cameroon senior squad) and Lamptey will obviously depend on his fitness.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I’m guessing Bloom and co are thinking strategically as in, well yes, it's a £10m punt which we wouldn’t normally make but we got £15m more than expected/budgeted for re Caicedo, so how about a one-off season punt? If it works out with Fati, Baleba etc, we’ve every chance of a tilt at a Champions League place which will pay the Fati fee many times over. Plus the massive boost to the club’s profile across the world and concomitant merch sales, TV fees etc. Could easily be a self-financing deal.
champions league lol

no chance

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Brighton look like overtaking us for years now. Better facilities regarding stadium and training ground. European football. A clear philosophy on the pitch. Loads of cash in the bank. We don’t have that due to poor planning. It’s sickening to see, we had such a head start on them. They’ll win a trophy before us too if they keep De Zerbi.

Oh well only another 4/5 years till the Main Stand is built.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Oh how I enjoyed reading this in the Times

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Whilst not down to the barebones we could potentially lose Mitoma (Asian Cup) and Baleba, Andingra and Lamptey (AFCON) for most of January and early Feb. Assuming Cameroon and Ghana confirm their places, which looks likely.

I’m guessing countries will want players released a week or two before the tournaments start. They could miss the FA Cup 3rd and 4th round games. They’ll also miss the Premier League games against Wolves (h), Luton (a). If they progress to the later stages they’ll also miss Palace (h) and if anyone makes the semi they’ll almost certainly miss Spurs (a) too (they definitely will if they make the final).

Losing Mitoma and Adningra at the same time will likely be our biggest problem. The other two might not impact us as much, no one knows how Baleba will settle in (and he’s hasn't yet been called up for a Cameroon senior squad) and Lamptey will obviously depend on his fitness.
This is all true, and who knows where we might be injury wise by then. We'll have had a lot of games.

This explains why we've been looking for this forward and why I believe we'll add at least one other if we can

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
champions league lol

no chance
I dunno, until it's mathematically impossible or we're eliminated from competitions where CL qualification is gained then there's always a chance.

Which is a big break from my usual pessimism of "I'd be happy with 17th place and the double over Palace and/or Chelsea"

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here