Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I remember the same sort of reaction when the top 10 target was mooted….
we couldnt get champs with caicedo / Mac / colwill and alot of top clubs being out of sorts / no european football

ok no chance is strong but I'd give you 20/1 for this

max bet £1

I'd still be over the moon with top 10

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I’m guessing Bloom and co are thinking strategically as in, well yes, it's a £10m punt which we wouldn’t normally make but we got £15m more than expected/budgeted for re Caicedo, so how about a one-off season punt? If it works out with Fati, Baleba etc, we’ve every chance of a tilt at a Champions League place which will pay the Fati fee many times over. Plus the massive boost to the club’s profile across the world and concomitant merch sales, TV fees etc. Could easily be a self-financing deal.

All that said, I still fear it won’t happen.
Also, RDZ will feel he is being backed and the club are doing what they can to support his ambition.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove

He's coming.

'Now yes. Ansu Fati heading to Brighton. The English team offers to take over about 5M € of the player's file (un 80%) , a figure that Sevilla could not reach. The forward valued the Andalusian option until the end for what it could give him on a sporting and human level'

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It will be the flight from Seville Airport (12:00 BST) to Biggin Hill Airport (14:16 BST)

If this loan turns out to be successful, what a massive achievement for the club and hopefully more superstars will do the same in order to develop!

So that's it surely - two here we go's must be about as concrete as it gets (until he falls off the medical table al la Richards at QPR)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I’m guessing Bloom and co are thinking strategically as in, well yes, it's a £10m punt which we wouldn’t normally make but we got £15m more than expected/budgeted for re Caicedo, so how about a one-off season punt? If it works out with Fati, Baleba etc, we’ve every chance of a tilt at a Champions League place which will pay the Fati fee many times over. Plus the massive boost to the club’s profile across the world and concomitant merch sales, TV fees etc. Could easily be a self-financing deal.

All that said, I still fear it won’t happen.
That can't be right – I read on here after the West Ham that we'll be lucky to finish top half. Relegation a distinct possibility :lolol:

Whilst not down to the barebones we could potentially lose Mitoma (Asian Cup) and Baleba, Andingra and Lamptey (AFCON) for most of January and early Feb. Assuming Cameroon and Ghana confirm their places, which looks likely.

I’m guessing countries will want players released a week or two before the tournaments start. They could miss the FA Cup 3rd and 4th round games. They’ll also miss the Premier League games against Wolves (h), Luton (a). If they progress to the later stages they’ll also miss Palace (h) and if anyone makes the semi they’ll almost certainly miss Spurs (a) too (they definitely will if they make the final).

Losing Mitoma and Adningra at the same time will likely be our biggest problem. The other two might not impact us as much, no one knows how Baleba will settle in (and he’s hasn't yet been called up for a Cameroon senior squad) and Lamptey will obviously depend on his fitness.
I was largely joking, but appreciate there might be a few holes in the squad. Mind you, there were at the end of last season and European football was achieved, so...

Plus there's the January window for everyone to get excited about those tournaments start!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
we couldnt get champs with caicedo / Mac / colwill and alot of top clubs being out of sorts / no european football

ok no chance is strong but I'd give you 20/1 for this

max bet £1

I'd still be over the moon with top 10
Whilst not THAT confident, I’ll take your bet but for a stake of £10 :smile:

I am not doing a bank transfer for £1 :lolol:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I reckon that's enough luggage for a 3 day mini-break.
He'll need 3 casual jackets to go with his 6 designer t-shirts, a rain coat, and three pairs of ripped jeans, plus some clean undies.
Oh, and three pairs of trainers. I'm not sure if they wear socks these days.
He's staying until Sunday at least.

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 11.22.41.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I dunno, until it's mathematically impossible or we're eliminated from competitions where CL qualification is gained then there's always a chance.

Which is a big break from my usual pessimism of "I'd be happy with 17th place and the double over Palace and/or Chelsea"
If this loan actually happens, this thread will be the epitome of 'there's ALWAYS a chance'. Dismiss things completely at your peril.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A ludicrous decision I still don't understand to this day.
It's simple, the club trusted Poyet's opinion that he wouldn't step up to the championship and they backed him by signing CMS. Obviously it is laughable now, and I was as gutted to see Murray go - especially to them - as you obviously were, because I too felt he was easily good enough. But that is what happened.

As much as it was great fun and he transformed the fortunes of the club on the pitch, the subsequent trajectory of this club and of Poyet's managerial career say all you need to know about both. Poyet was never ever as good as he thought he was.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's simple, the club trusted Poyet's opinion that he wouldn't step up to the championship and they backed him by signing CMS. Obviously it is laughable now, and I was as gutted to see Murray go - especially to them - as you obviously were, because I too felt he was easily good enough. But that is what happened.

As much as it was great fun and he transformed the fortunes of the club on the pitch, the subsequent trajectory of this club and of Poyet's managerial career say all you need to know about both. Poyet was never ever as good as he thought he was.
But also playing style. Murray suited our patient style under Gus to a TEE. CMS was a chaos merchant and it didn't fit our style at all imo. Also, the two of them TOGETHER could've made sense, but replacing one with another just seems so odd to me.

Gus loved controlling games. I can barely think of a better striker to have on the pitch when winning than Glenn Murray. Winning free kicks, slowing the game up etc. Again, CMS the exact opposite - not to be trusted to keep possession. Not a Gus player.

I get there was a personality clash but I find it hard to believe Gus didn't rate Murray more highly.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Yep, much like the club trust and respect RDZ re Sanchez, Trossard and the next in line for a sulk. It's the right approach to trust the manager you select but doesn't always work out

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So that's it surely - two here we go's must be about as concrete as it gets (until he falls off the medical table al la Richards at QPR)
Shirley as 'concrete as it gets' is official confirmation from the club?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

And, of course nothing to do with Palace offering to triple Murray's wages.

We've been round and round on this one, and Murray was offered a new contract, which he turned down.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That can't be right – I read on here after the West Ham that we'll be lucky to finish top half. Relegation a distinct possibility :lolol:

I was largely joking, but appreciate there might be a few holes in the squad. Mind you, there were at the end of last season and European football was achieved, so...

Plus there's the January window for everyone to get excited about those tournaments start!
Of course it’s not the end of the world, and hopefully we’ve got the strength in depth to cover it. However, in what is already a very long season we could do without players having an international tournament to take part in when we’ve got a relatively quiet period ourselves as the European games aren’t happening and we are only playing one game a week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What ? I mean, was it even worth starting the thread ?

I'm trying to see if there is any genuine transfer news and all I'm getting is folk deluding themselves into believing utter tripe.

There is a serious side to it though. I mean, all this is harmless enough, but it don't 'alf show how folk will believe any old shit they read online

:lolol:

I do totally understand why you posted that though! It’s all a bit surreal.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just checked. He's come on as a sub, for all 3 Barca games this season between the 65th and 80th min, mostly in place of Yamal.

I guess that's how we'll ease him in here. 20 mins here and there at the beginning. Give him a first start in the middle of that packed fixture schedule in Sept

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here