Another one bites the dust...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wonder if he was told to do the honourable thing and resign now , keeping his pension and lump sum or stay on and lose everything when eventually sacked ?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
That would require an evidence-based exposee of policticians being well aware of what was hapenning, so far Blair, Campbell etc seem to have been good at dodging anything that sticks...

I would not want to be Cameron. How much has he enjoyed the hospitality of News International recently? How many times might he have been compromised during these occasions? Something stinks here and it might just be at the highest level.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
News International backed Dodgy Dave to win the general election , is there something seriously incriminating about the positivity show to NI about to be spectacularly revealed ?

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Was it true that Brooks told Cameron to employ Coulson ? If there are facts to back that up then bye bye Cameron and hello General Election

The sad thing is that Rebekah Brooks is going to become a very very rich(er)woman, although, I would imagine she will have had a major payoff from lovely Uncle Rupert to keep quiet.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Glad to see the back of that slimy cop. Didn't like him at all. A real bad egg.

I would LOVE IT if Cameron fell to this scandal too, it'd be an EPIC result. And should it happen who would take over the reins at Tory HQ? They'd have to find somebody squeaky clean and totally unconnected with all this crookery. Do they have ANYONE suitable? Their shambles of a party finally gets itself in just enough order to take half control of the country after an incredibly unpopular outgoing Labour government that was never going to hold on to power, and within 18 months all the hard work is undone and what litte faith people had in them evaporates.

If Clegg hadn't gotten into bed with the cronies the Lib Dems would have a REAL chance of coming up roses as a result of all this. Tories in freefall, Labour still clueless... BUT everybody hates Clegg too. I can't see there's ANYONE who can gain from all this aside from the fringe parties, and even then it's unlikely to actually mean more seats for the Greens and UKIP etc. Essentially all we'll see is even more voter apathy and further unrest from those who want reform.

When this story began with all the celebs moaning about their privacy I couldn't give a shit but now its escalated into a proper full on international scandal and I cant wait to hear what happens next.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I would not want to be Cameron. How much has he enjoyed the hospitality of News International recently? How many times might he have been compromised during these occasions? Something stinks here and it might just be at the highest level.

But again - I think I posted this on the other thread - both Blair and Brown cosied up the Murdochs as well.....unless they can prove some sort of knowledge of the wrong doings he won't go....guilt by association hasn't made a PM resign before has it?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Glad to see the back of that slimy cop. Didn't like him at all. A real bad egg.

I would LOVE IT if Cameron fell to this scandal too, it'd be an EPIC result. And should it happen who would take over the reins at Tory HQ? They'd have to find somebody squeaky clean and totally unconnected with all this crookery. Do they have ANYONE suitable? Their shambles of a party finally gets itself in just enough order to take half control of the country after an incredibly unpopular outgoing Labour government that was never going to hold on to power, and within 18 months all the hard work is undone and what litte faith people had in them evaporates.

If Clegg hadn't gotten into bed with the cronies the Lib Dems would have a REAL chance of coming up roses as a result of all this. Tories in freefall, Labour still clueless... BUT everybody hates Clegg too. I can't see there's ANYONE who can gain from all this aside from the fringe parties, and even then it's unlikely to actually mean more seats for the Greens and UKIP etc. Essentially all we'll see is even more voter apathy and unrest from those who want reform.

When this story began with all the celebs moaning about their privacy I couldn't give a shit but now it's escalated into a proper full on international scandal and I cant wait to hear what happens next.

Frankly thats the scariest think, Labour is currently clueless, I can't STAND Clegg, waffly waste of space, so where would everyone vote? No longer got the Sun to tell them what to do thankfully...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
But again - I think I posted this on the other thread - both Blair and Brown cosied up the Murdochs as well.....unless they can prove some sort of knowledge of the wrong doings he won't go....guilt by association hasn't made a PM resign before has it?

I do agree to a point, I have the feeling though, this one might get more under the surface than others and might, might just reveal something on a the richter scale for cameron. If not, I bet he's just shitting himself.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I do agree to a point, I have the feeling though, this one might get more under the surface than others and might, might just reveal something on a the richter scale for cameron. If not, I bet he's just shitting himself.

Bet he is! :lol: and so should he! You'd think politicans would see the impropriety of cosying up to the corporate conglomerates......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't see there's ANYONE who can gain from all this aside from the fringe parties, and even then it's unlikely to actually mean more seats for the Greens and UKIP etc. Essentially all we'll see is even more voter apathy and further unrest from those who want reform.

Can you imagine the expression on HB&B's face when they announce the PM to run the country under a coalition alliance is Caroline Lucas ? :laugh:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As has been said, politicians in labour and Tory ranks have sucked up to Murdoch. However the only way this will impact Cameron is if coulson is proven to have been involved in illegal payments and/or phone hacking and in turn it is proven that Cameron knew this. Or alternatively the Tories gained knowledge leading up to the election via these means. That I think is highly unlikely.

Don't expect the far right of the conservative party to help Dave. They don't like him either

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seems a bit odd for Stephenson to resign if his conscience is totally clear. Most odd indeed.

How high is this going to go?

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Refering to the arrest of the Ginger Harpie

So do the police actually notify you that you are going to be arrested and that you should attend the police station at a certain time to be arrested.

I suppose they can stay in a nice warm dry police station drinking tea and not have to venture out into the nasty wet world outside.

They should have used tear gas and mace and rubber batons on her head simply because she has red hair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports