Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This is all a bit mealy-mouthed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14180043

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson has resigned following the phone hacking scandal.
Britain's most senior police officer said he had no knowledge of the extent of the practice and said his integrity was "completely intact".
Sir Paul has faced criticism for hiring former News of the World executive Neil Wallis - who was questioned by police investigating hacking - as an adviser.
He said his links to the journalist could hamper current investigations.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
End of SKY putting stupid money into football would be nice. See the Premier League collapse like a house of cards and take many of these stupid trash millionaire players with it.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Radio 4 said last week this will be our Watergate.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
This will only end when Cameron goes.

Possibly although a good deal of senior politicians from all sides of the spectrum have cosied up to the Murdochs for as long as I can remember...it is always wise to have such a man on side as opposed to off....

Brown has a had Murdoch at Cheques as has his wife invited Rebecca Wade to lunch....

They are all as bad as each other in this regard...

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Radio 4 said last week this will be our Watergate.

That would require an evidence-based exposee of policticians being well aware of what was hapenning, so far Blair, Campbell etc seem to have been good at dodging anything that sticks...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
End of SKY putting stupid money into football would be nice. See the Premier League collapse like a house of cards and take many of these stupid trash millionaire players with it.

I'd be all for that as long as the BBC would pick up the slack, which they won't....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports