Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Cucurella?

I'm loving Angelino instead. :D

_117173751_robert_sanchez_getty_body.jpg

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He has a cracking left foot, goes forward really well. Defending wise I don't know enough.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sky Germany are reporting our interest.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
May well be possible, but I think he would cost like £30m... not very Brighton-esque (but a fee like that is bound to happen some day).

Yes, but then again £130m of outgoings in just over a year wasn’t very Brighton either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not sold on this one not at that price. As others have said if he was that good why have Leipzig replaced him. Don't want to spend 30m on a player that's just been replaced (unless it's from a giant !!)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
View from Germany: makes sense that Leipzig would want to ship him off having just signed Germany left back/left wing-back David Raum from Hoffenheim (26m €). Can't comment on whether we are in any way interested. From what I've watched of him at Leipzig since he came here from City this would be a fantastic replacement but I'd be surprised other clubs aren't also interested.

They bought him for like £15m or something similar, and he's the starting LWB in RB Leipzig and is labelled as a top class LWB... I don't think they're selling below £30m. But you may well be right that we wouldn't pay that.

Surely, if they've just paid the equivalent of £22m to replace him, it would take Manchester Cityesque levels of hubris to think that they were going to offload him for £8m more.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Surely, if they've just paid the equivalent of £22m to replace him, it would take Manchester Cityesque levels of hubris to think that they were going to offload him for £8m more.

I think we have to pay a "Premier League club tax" in the same way as City would have to pay a "widely despised, ESL plugging, petro state club tax" that City would have to pay

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think we have to pay a "Premier League club tax" in the same way as City would have to pay a "widely despised, ESL plugging, petro state club tax" that City would have to pay

Premier league club tax and ‘just about to sell a player for £50 million’ tax. It’s not like other chairman are going to be doing us a favour.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
HAs a price actually been mentioned anywhere ?

Nope.

But been plenty of rumours about him this summer: Barcelona, Real, PSG, Inter, Juventus... this guy got eyes on him and won't be cheap.

The bloke can't defend however and knowing that this part of his game is far from giant club-level, a fee of £25-30m might be too much for them to spend on someone who might only be a bench player in most or all of these clubs.

Obviously his defending will be a cause of concern for Brighton as well but the club might see potential in him to improve that part of his game.When attacking he is likely on the same level or better as Cucurella.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
if its less than 20 id be pretty happy, i would not want to pay more.

Looks more and more like wing backs for us this season

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Nope.

But been plenty of rumours about him this summer: Barcelona, Real, PSG, Inter, Juventus... this guy got eyes on him and won't be cheap.

The bloke can't defend however and knowing that this part of his game is far from giant club-level, a fee of £25-30m might be too much for them to spend on someone who might only be a bench player in most or all of these clubs.

Obviously his defending will be a cause of concern for Brighton as well but the club might see potential in him to improve that part of his game.When attacking he is likely on the same level or better as Cucurella.

I don't think he can't defend is accurate. He's far better offensively than defensively yes, but that's true of most full and wingbacks at the moment

cowburn86

Sep 30, 2011
Berlin
He's definitely better going forward but I wouldn't say his defending is bad, just not noticeably good. I think he would be excellent in the lwb position but can't see him playing lcb in the three, if we get Colwill as part of the Cucu deal though then I guess there wouldn't be any need for that.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here