Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He'd be alright for a while,
We could smile for a while.

But would he leave us cwying?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Only 25. He’s been around for a while. Was surprised by his age. Similar age wise to Cucu. Hair wise, very different. Looks like our type of player.
So could the Cucu replacement be Colwill plus Angelino?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If the club can afford him I think he is both a good and likely candidate.

If we get the market price for Cucurella then I suspect we'll be able to do this. If West Ham really are interested wages could turn into a bidding war I suppose.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If we get the market price for Cucurella then I suspect we'll be able to do this. If West Ham really are interested wages could turn into a bidding war I suppose.

May well be possible, but I think he would cost like £30m... not very Brighton-esque (but a fee like that is bound to happen some day).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We will not be paying 30m for a replacement.

They bought him for like £15m or something similar, and he's the starting LWB in RB Leipzig and is labelled as a top class LWB... I don't think they're selling below £30m. But you may well be right that we wouldn't pay that.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I recognise some usernames of people on NSC and they reckon he's SHITEHOUSE (compared with Cucurella).

#WetBed

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
At that price wouldn’t be a very ‘Brighton’ signing but it is one of our most vital positions. I’d be much more excited at the Tagliafico rumour that was around before

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
At that price wouldn’t be a very ‘Brighton’ signing but it is one of our most vital positions. I’d be much more excited at the Tagliafico rumour that was around before

The Tagliafico ship has sailed, unfortunately. He signed for Lyon a couple of weeks ago.

cowburn86

Sep 30, 2011
Berlin
View from Germany: makes sense that Leipzig would want to ship him off having just signed Germany left back/left wing-back David Raum from Hoffenheim (26m €). Can't comment on whether we are in any way interested. From what I've watched of him at Leipzig since he came here from City this would be a fantastic replacement but I'd be surprised other clubs aren't also interested.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Until such time as the Albion leave that deal and sing the lwb they actually want but nobody has heard of.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I don't see how we're going to get him without breaking our record transfer fee + I feel like he is possibly 'above' our level as he's used to champions league games but we'll see. He'd be a great signing if it did happen!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Mmmm, not totally sure about him. I thought we'd be linked with him when Leipzig signed Raum though.

Sometimes I watch him and really like like him, other times he doesn't look great. Started well at Leipzig but had a mixed time last season. I don't think it's a great sign that Leipzig have just signed someone to replace him who they think will be better and starting.

He can be a fun player to watch though. I'm open minded on this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here