Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And people wonder why Labour is 10+ points behind the Tories.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Most of us poor sods stuck in the middle would simply rather:
a) Southern were stripped of the franchise. They are a dreadful incompetent firm from the top down. Utterly woeful.
b) The Unions weren't quite so happy to strike all the f**king time. A whole month of being held to ransom by 2 unions is an outrage.

Isn't part of the problem that this is a management contract in that all fares go to the government who pay a fee to Govia therefore they are accountable to the government and not passengers. The government don't give a damn and probably would like to see a union pilloried for strike action when the overriding issue is the poor management by Govia.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Isn't part of the problem that this is a management contract in that all fares go to the government who pay a fee to Govia therefore they are accountable to the government and not passengers. The government don't give a damn and probably would like to see a union pilloried for strike action when the overriding issue is the poor management by Govia.

Yes it is. The government could resolve this at a stroke by stripping them of their license on account of the fact SASTA have been in breach of some very minimal requirement guidelines, and have continually allowed them to take the piss. They are supposed to be responsible for calling the train operators to account, and have shown no interest in doing so.

Next in the blame game come SASTA themselves. Rarely has there been a firm so clueless in every field. Whether it is running the trains, industrial relations, procurement, maintenance, there is no part of a business that their sheer incompetence hasn't been shown up breathtakingly. It absolutely beggars belief that Charles Horton is still anywhere near the board.

Finally, you have the unions. Not so much the train drivers as the guards. I wouldn't have such as issue with them striking if they were actually honest. It is about job protection primarily. Nothing wrong with that, but don't LIE about it. And there is a more than strong suspicion that they are far too quick to strike, then insist the public are right behind them. No they are not. We already have seen breathtaking levels of disregard and contempt for the powerless paying commuters without the unions taking the piss even more.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Immediately before the actual votes were cast the polls were both very close and, in respect of Clinton, she won the popular vote!!!!

As others have said, where is your evidence to support your opinion? Post some links and let others decide what garbage you rely on.

Some time ago now when Corbyn faced Smith in the Labour leadership election i bored myself stupid and watched the entire debate,

The entire debate consisted of combating racism.,.rights to immigrants,,. womens rights..gay and lesbian rights. to the point where it became obsessive.

If fairness and equality is what this is all about then it has to work both ways, not leaving any one side out which is clearly what they were doing..

No pal why don't you put some links up yourself to prove me wrong.. judging by how many people have attacked me so far,there must be literally loads. eh? . .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Some time ago now when Corbyn faced Smith in the Labour leadership election i bored myself stupid and watched the entire debate,

The entire debate consisted of combating racism.,.rights to immigrants,,. womens rights..gay and lesbian rights. to the point where it became obsessive.

If fairness and equality is what this is all about then it has to work both ways, not leaving any one side out which is clearly what they were doing..

No pal why don't you put some links up yourself to prove me wrong.. judging by how many people have attacked me so far,there must be literally loads. eh? . .

No links then, thought so. You made the claim that the Labour party no longer represent the working class so the onus is on you to back up that statement. You haven't and you probably can't because all it is is your opinion.

D

Deleted member 22389

Will never vote for that rotten party again. Will be UKIP again and if they no longer exist I will vote for no one. I'm sure the Labour party will end up weeding their way back in to power one day, because they will have a load of new people believing their bullshit.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
No links then, thought so. You made the claim that the Labour party no longer represent the working class so the onus is on you to back up that statement. You haven't and you probably can't because all it is is your opinion.

I have already given you one to be getting on with as in the Labour leadership debate..you can look it up for yourself on google. that in itself tells you enough of what their objectives are and what they promote, after watching it report back here and see if you can tell me any different.

I'll give you two names for you to search for as in Diane Abbott & Emily Thornberry ..no links just search any of their interviews. .. both bang on about the rights of blacks immigrants gays lesbians and woman but conveniently leave out the white working class male and if they do happen to say anything it is usually a negative remark,..which by the way would be seen as racist if the boot were on the other foot..if you can show me anything to prove otherwise then please do so and send me the link, but if you think that i am about to waste any of my time in putting up links for you to simply dismiss then you can think again pal because it just aint going to happen.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have already given you one to be getting on with as in the Labour leadership debate..you can look it up for yourself on google. that in itself tells you enough of what their objectives are and what they promote, after watching it report back here and see if you can tell me any different.

I'll give you two names for you to search for as in Diane Abbott & Emily Thornberry ..no links just search any of their interviews. .. both bang on about the rights of blacks immigrants gays lesbians and woman but conveniently leave out the white working class male and if they do happen to say anything it is usually a negative remark,..which by the way would be seen as racist if the boot were on the other foot..if you can show me anything to prove otherwise then please do so and send me the link, but if you think that i am about to waste any of my time in putting up links for you to simply dismiss then you can think again pal because it just aint going to happen.

Could have predicted that response.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Well then did you find anything to suggest otherwise ?? anything at all i'm not that fussy, just as long as it proves me wrong.

Until you can do so i am absolutely right.

If you're going to claim that Abbott and Thornberry 'conveniently leave out the white working class male and if they do happen to say anything it is usually a negative remark', surely it's down to you to give some sort of evidence?.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Will never vote for that rotten party again. Will be UKIP again and if they no longer exist I will vote for no one. I'm sure the Labour party will end up weeding their way back in to power one day, because they will have a load of new people believing their bullshit.

Voted Labour in 97, saw how they run this country down, never vote for them again. Kicking myself because I saw what they were about in the mid 70's

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
If you're going to claim that Abbott and Thornberry 'conveniently leave out the white working class male and if they do happen to say anything it is usually a negative remark', surely it's down to you to give some sort of evidence?.

I am not about to get in to some pathetic little squabble over who it is down to.

Again until you can prove me wrong do not make claims like many on here have that i am talking b*llocks.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

This, with a thousand bells on. Bellend Fella who doesn't back up his opinions. He's the definitive troll!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Voted Labour in 97, saw how they run this country down, never vote for them again. Kicking myself because I saw what they were about in the mid 70's

What as opposed to the tories who have managed to double national debt to 1.5 trillion and presided over the worst social and public health service crisis ever.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
What as opposed to the tories who have managed to double national debt to 1.5 trillion and presided over the worst social and public health service crisis ever.

Do you seriously blame Tories for the national debt? Seriously? Do you remember what Gordon brown was proposing to do if he won? "Spend our way out of recession". Tories have cut as much as they dare and raised taxes too. The debt increased due to inertia and 13 years of Labour.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Do you seriously blame Tories for the national debt? Seriously? Do you remember what Gordon brown was proposing to do if he won? "Spend our way out of recession". Tories have cut as much as they dare and raised taxes too. The debt increased due to inertia and 13 years of Labour.

Still blaming Labour 6 years on rather than the u-turn tories who have failed to meet any of their own financial targets since coming into power and seen productivity lag significantly behind the other G7 with wages effectively stagnant since the financial crash.

We need to spend on infrastructure to improve our productivity, that is effectively what Hammond announced in the Autumn budget (in the mean time stealing part of Labour's proposals to do the same) but not nearly going far enough. Increasing national debt was/is unavoidable but the tories have achieved NOTHING to show for it.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
So today we have had the leaders Christmas message and Farron was from a refugee camp in France i believe ? Corbyn about homelesness both on the face of it a genuine cause for concern as for May "Brexit" and like it or not that is the Only Show in Town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here