Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And people wonder why Labour is 10+ points behind the Tories.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Encase you hadn't noticed or is it more the fact that the truth hurts... In the working class heartlands where Labour once ruled Labour voters are now leaving in their droves and turning to a party named UKIP .

Only such areas as Islington in north london have managed to maintain the Labour vote, but if you consider the amount of immigrants that live there it is hardly surprising.. which only strengthens my case further meaning.that Labour is putting the interests of immigrants first and above that of the white working class..

Ooch !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Encase you hadn't noticed or is it more the fact that the truth hurts... In the working class heartlands where Labour once ruled Labour voters are now leaving in their droves and turning to a party named UKIP .

Only such areas as Islington in north london have managed to maintain the Labour vote, but if you consider the amount of immigrants that live there it is hardly surprising.. which only strengthens my case further meaning.that Labour is putting the interests of immigrants first and above that of the white working class..

According to polls, UKIP some distance behind Labour.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So i was right then..you are Labour never mind.

How anyone could possibly entertain Labour these days is completely beyond me, unless of course you are a immigrant in which case you will be given priority rights over the indigenous. years ago however and before that psychopath Blair arrived on the scene then fair enough... but today ffs !! it is just unbelievable. . i shake my head with dismay.

Come off it. Are you telling me you hanker for the great pre-Blair days of Foot, Sunny Jim and Mr Wilson (who were practically commies by today's standards)? As for immigrants voting labour, these would be the legal immigrants (who get to vote). The illlegal ones and the 150K a year non EU migrants that we can and should have blocked, have been POURING in and SWAMPING us under the negligant and CRIMINAL watch of the tories. Pull you pants up and learn some facts. As for labour now, you are absolutely correct. Beyond embarrassing.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Come off it. Are you telling me you hanker for the great pre-Blair days of Foot, Sunny Jim and Mr Wilson (who were practically commies by today's standards)? As for immigrants voting labour, these would be the legal immigrants (who get to vote). The illlegal ones and the 150K a year non EU migrants that we can and should have blocked, have been POURING in and SWAMPING us under the negligant and CRIMINAL watch of the tories. Pull you pants up and learn some facts. As for labour now, you are absolutely correct. Beyond embarrassing.

Not to say that i agreed with them far from it but at least you knew what they stood for back then whereas for a long period of time especially under Blair there was hardly any difference between them and the torys..

That said since the arrival of Corbyn there has been a sudden change of direction.. a direction that is not doing them any favors i may add.

This fake persona that they give "we are in touch with the working classes" is beginning to wear thin,especially in working class communities thankfully many are no longer buying it.

My pants are up thank you very much.:D.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why shouldn't people do whatever they can within the law to keep their jobs and wages? Do Govia desperately need the money saved by the ongoing scaling down of jobs across the rail industry?

The ticket office staff can see what's coming,Govia wants them out of the ticket offices and " interacting " with the customers. .... That used to be the role of station porters and ticket collectors until it was decided they weren't needed!

Never seems to be any culls of management no matter how inept or unproductive they are?

My comment was just reminding people the strike is about resourcing and jobs PRIMARILY and safety is a secondary. I have no issue with people trying to protect their job and income. What I don't like is the RMT saying it is all about safety

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

You say this again and again, but what actual evidence do you have?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Of course they are,the unions concerned are Labours paymasters,if Labour should ever get in the mind boggles as to what demands would be

And that's what scares me.

Strikes are increasing as Unions are becoming ever more political and knowing they have a malleable Labour party who won't oppose anything they do. Corbyn would not be there without McCluskey's support. A true puppet leader.

Ed Milliband has a lot to answer for. Not only was he a shi*t leader but he's left the party in a total shambles.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
which only strengthens my case further meaning.that Labour is putting the interests of immigrants first and above that of the white working class..
Yep, let's have some evidence.

They appear to be right behind the striking train workers, for example. Say what you like about whether or not that is right, but it hardly shows they don't care about the white working class FFS.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yep, let's have some evidence.

They appear to be right behind the striking train workers, for example. Say what you like about whether or not that is right, but it hardly shows they don't care about the white working class FFS.

'brighton fella' must be a taxi driver.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yay! Someone brought out the Stewart Lee video. The 21st century equivalent of students sitting in a pub reciting Monty Python sketches. There's nothing funnier than being funny by proxy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yay! Someone brought out the Stewart Lee video. The 21st century equivalent of students sitting in a pub reciting Monty Python sketches. There's nothing funnier than being funny by proxy.

To be fair Buzzer, it's a fair call on this occasion. "Labour is putting the interests of immigrants first and above that of the white working class." is the 2016 equivalent of saying "If you call yourself English these days, you'll be arrested".

Had it been you who had said something as ridiculous as that, you'd probably have backed it up with evidence in the very same sentence.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To be fair Buzzer, it's a fair call on this occasion. "Labour is putting the interests of immigrants first and above that of the white working class." is the 2016 equivalent of saying "If you call yourself English these days, you'll be arrested".

Had it been you who had said something as ridiculous as that, you'd probably have backed it up with evidence in the very same sentence.

Nah. That video is a Guardian reader's equivalent of Godwin's Law. Tedious, overused.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nah. That video is a Guardian reader's equivalent of Godwin's Law. Tedious, overused.

Well I agree with that, but it's fair when it's used against overused rubbish like "Labour is putting the interests of immigrants first and above that of the white working class." which is clearly absolute crap.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Well I agree with that, but it's fair when it's used against overused rubbish like "Labour is putting the interests of immigrants first and above that of the white working class." which is clearly absolute crap.

Can we add "This by a woman who detests the English flag and despises anything British including it's culture traditions and values" to that as well?

I bet she loves a roast dinner, Fawlty Towers, Shakespeare etc...etc....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
600,000 MEMBERS
although I doubt they are all WORKING class
but members all the same

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
According to polls Brexit was some distance behind the in campaign..

According to polls Trump was some distance behind Clinton.

Were proved wrong on both accounts..

Immediately before the actual votes were cast the polls were both very close and, in respect of Clinton, she won the popular vote!!!!

As others have said, where is your evidence to support your opinion? Post some links and let others decide what garbage you rely on.

The biggest drawback to them is the fact that Jeremy Corbyn and his deputy Tom Watson are openly backing all the strikers.

I'd guess you prefer they'd back the profiteering privatised fat cats then charging the public more and more for the worst service ever

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd guess you prefer they'd back the profiteering privatised fat cats then charging the public more and more for the worst service ever

Most of us poor sods stuck in the middle would simply rather:
a) Southern were stripped of the franchise. They are a dreadful incompetent firm from the top down. Utterly woeful.
b) The Unions weren't quite so happy to strike all the f**king time. A whole month of being held to ransom by 2 unions is an outrage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here